Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudi supercup at HQ

https://www.qpr.co.uk/tickets/home-tickets/

Is anyone welcome if they have the money? What’s next, the ISIS cup? Nazi cupwinners cup?

Bit of an overreaction...
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

https://freedomhouse.org/report/free...8/saudi-arabia

Comment

£350 for Platnium tickets, are any of the players on show that super?
        I have supported Rangers for 50 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          Bit of an overreaction...
          not really, saudi arabia has a disgusting record of human rights violations. crown prince bin salman is trying to steadily improve the country but its still bad. women have to have guardians just to leave the house, atheists, exmuslims and gays can be executed etc. its a terrible country, i vollunteer with the council of ex muslims britain and have met many former muslims who lived in saudi arabia and the stuff they had to endure is heart breaking.

saudi arabia is directly responsible for the rise of wahhabism all over the world (the main interpretation of fundamental islam). they're a terrorist state in all but name.

even though this saudi cup thing could generate the club a fair bit of money i don't agree or support it in the slightest, i'd rather the club refused especially after all its recent community work with groups like the rainbow rangers and qpr women. its an insult towards those groups imo

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

not really, saudi arabia has a disgusting record of human rights violations. crown prince bin salman is trying to steadily improve the country but its still bad. women have to have guardians just to leave the house, atheists, exmuslims and gays can be executed etc. its a terrible country, i vollunteer with the council of ex muslims britain and have met many former muslims who lived in saudi arabia and the stuff they had to endure is heart breaking.

saudi arabia is directly responsible for the rise of wahhabism all over the world (the main interpretation of fundamental islam). they're a terrorist state in all but name.

even though this saudi cup thing could generate the club a fair bit of money i don't agree or support it in the slightest, i'd rather the club refused especially after all its recent community work with groups like the rainbow rangers and qpr women. its an insult towards those groups imo
            Did you object when we played the Chinese national Olympics side?

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

Wasn’t a public event... also that didn’t end too well

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

china is nothing compared to saudi arabia. given the choice where would you rather take your missus, china or saudi arabia?

Comment

given the choice where would you rather take your missus?
                  I know someone is going post the answer but it won’t be me.........

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

I know someone is going post the answer but it won’t be me.........

Comment

china is nothing compared to saudi arabia. given the choice where would you rather take your missus, china or saudi arabia?
                      Both still have appallingly bad Human Rights records. You can't question the invite to the Saudi FA to host their forthcoming match if you did not or were not willing to question the visit of the Chinese Olympics side.

Both will use the fixture for propaganda and to argue legitimacy for their policies.

​​

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post

Wasn’t a public event... also that didn’t end too well
                        I know someone who was at that match and still thinks it's the funniest thing he's ever seen at football!

Comment

Sure they aint pretty himan rights wise.

But what about Qatar? Where to begin with them? I'm guessing that anyone who has a problem with the Isis Cup ;) wont want us playing (or doing any business with) Man City anytime soon - admittedly an unlikely prospect - and will have nothing to do with the next World Cup from here on in, as well as staying well clear of European flat racing since all the above have been facilitated by Qatari dosh. In big fat bundles.

The fact is that when the cash is in the bag it doesn't seem to matter where it comes from. Just ask any MCFC fan.

Comment

Not the first time we've hosted their game.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                              Sure they aint pretty himan rights wise.

But what about Qatar? Where to begin with them? I'm guessing that anyone who has a problem with the Isis Cup ;) wont want us playing (or doing any business with) Man City anytime soon - admittedly an unlikely prospect - and will have nothing to do with the next World Cup from here on in, as well as staying well clear of European flat racing since all the above have been facilitated by Qatari dosh. In big fat bundles.

The fact is that when the cash is in the bag it doesn't seem to matter where it comes from. Just ask any MCFC fan.
                              The reality is that morals are easily cast aside when money is involved and that means from the top to the bottom. We all make sacrifices against our principles when cash is involved whether its buying cheap battery farm eggs or selling arms to questionable regimes and a whole, endless array of examples in between.

Would I like us to shun the Saudis and Chinese, for example? Absolutely but we can't for a number of reasons and if we do others will step in and reap the rewards.

It's a sad state of affairs but reality is reality.

Comment

Working...
                              X