No announcement yet.

Where will we finish this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually confident for change, we've got a good team and will be more organised than last season. My only fear is if we pick up injuries and are unable to strengthen in the January window. That aside, we're good enough to finish high up the table. I hope we're more competitive on the road this season, if we're serious about doing well we'll have to be.

Comment

I am losing confidence in a top half finish given the squad depth and sale of Smithies and possibly Freeman for what i consider to be low fees. Good luck replacing those 2 and the others who left with freebies and bargain bin players.

Any injuries to the players is likely to be very costly given the lack of depth and experience in the squad.

Comment

I agree with Maids about feeling optimistic but what will be interesting is the difference (if any, but likely) that the manager makes to a team given that a lot of us were saying last season that the squad had the potential to be a lot better than it was performing.

Comment

Sky have Rotherham above us and us just missing out on relegation (providing we keep hold of Freeman). I think we'll do a tad better than last season
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Another reason to hate Sky

Comment

21st escape by a whisker but that would be ok for me,no strength in depth and we have lost a lot of experience

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                I agree with Maids about feeling optimistic but what will be interesting is the difference (if any, but likely) that the manager makes to a team given that a lot of us were saying last season that the squad had the potential to be a lot better than it was performing.
                The manager imo is better but the squad has been weakened considerably during the close season and unless it is strengthened this one won't go much better.

Comment

Going for 10th. Looking at all our rivals they aint done any better with transfers. The way I see it is we have a lot of youth who have not had a full season with us so can regard them as new players.
                  Would any of us be excited if we just signed Eze, Smyth, BOS and Kakay ?

Comment

Been thinking about this and actually think we could benefit from lack of transfer activity. We have a settled team which will give us some continuity on playing side. We have lost a few, and may lose a couple more, but I have a feeling we may see more from likes of Sylla and Pawel who just didn't get on under Ollie. Also Hall coming back will help us. Youngsters will only continue to improve. I think a better manager.

Could do with couple more defenders, especially if we get some injuries at the back, and ideally another striker but we have reasons for optimism.

Depending on injures etc I'd hope for 8-13th.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

The manager imo is better but the squad has been weakened considerably during the close season and unless it is strengthened this one won't go much better.
                      Totally agree with your post.

It's too hard to call personally.

Think we will end the season slightly better than last season.

Don't think we will end in rebels bottom 10.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Playoffs. Aim for the stars so hoping not to stay in the gutter.

Comment

OK.. This year despite the perceived weakening of the Squad, we have a Manager to counterbalance that, he will influence the remaining (i.e. most of last year's squad) to perform better than last season. A settled team and no unbridled tinkering with formation and experimenting with players in "different" at best, "alien" at worst, positions will.perform better, particularly away. At last we will see some exciting football delivered by a maturing bunch of gifted young players. Yes. there will be mishaps, but we will consolidate last year's position in the league, and build a base from which to move onwards in 2019/20.. So my vote 11th to 15th, probably closer to 15th.

Comment

I voted for playoffs but that’s hart over head head says11th = 15th

Comment

I actually believe we have a better squad than a year ago - the youngsters are more experienced by a year, last year I was concerned with where we would get the goals from, I'm not worried about that this year. I'm also not sure that losing Smithies will cost us as we have good back ups, and Leistner seems an excellent find. So overall I'm going for 7th - 10th

Comment

Looking for a top 10 finish as I think we have a good group of players & are gelling together nicely, couple of more players in should be ok, no way we will be in the bottom 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X