Eze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Another year is not much at all, so there should be a rush to get those two on new 4 year deals.

As 1973 said those older players were given 4 year deals on big wages yet these promising young players get 2 year deals on a pittance. Understandable to a point as they have to prove themselves but now that to some extent they have, longer deals should be offered (but of course we don't know that they haven't) .
    Club has been mismanaged for years when it comes to contracts as under Chris Wright and Bosman all kids got long contracts never played and it ended up in us going into administration

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Club has been mismanaged for years when it comes to contracts as under Chris Wright and Bosman all kids got long contracts never played and it ended up in us going into administration
      Yes that's true but these 2 have shown they have enough ability and deserve new longer deals otherwise they will be out of contract before we get to see how good they can become.

By not getting them on longer deals the club runs the risk of losing them for a fraction of what they could get, i.e. like Lookman or Maddison deals.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Yes that's true but these 2 have shown they have enough ability and deserve new longer deals otherwise they will be out of contract before we get to see how good they can become.

By not getting them on longer deals the club runs the risk of losing them for a fraction of what they could get, i.e. like Lookman or Maddison deals.
        I don’t disagree but playing devils advocate Some people rate Manning, some Furlong, Kakay, Oteh etc should they all get long term contracts in event they could be next big thing?

Dont get me wrong i think both should be tied down but what is the marker for others, as assuming they gave these two five year deals and they sign but not manning and he left were having the same row just different names

Comment

He needs sign contract then Cobs as if he don’t then I would flog him
          Basically what I was getting at mate. Only thing to bear in mind is that he's under 24. This means that even if his contract winds down to nothing we can demand a fee decided by tribunal if he goes to another English club next summer.

Comment

Hope your right
            The club have the option of a one year extension with all of the youth players. They obviously want to do this with Eze. So as it stands he effectively has 2 years remaining.

As I say, the main problem is the agents though, getting in the player's ear.

Comment

Given him the number 10 shirt which is a positive message from the the club to the player.

Comment

No10 shirt means nothing to the players.

It's the fans that hold that shirt in high esteem.

Wearing a number 10 shirt will have no bearing on him choosing to sign a new contract.

Agents, money and playing every week are the only factors.
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Wearing a number 10 shirt will have no bearing on him choosing to sign a new contract.

Agree shirt numbers are irrelevant now same as captaincy

money and playing (not every player) is the motivation

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    Maddison 20 odd million.
                    And Maddison only had a year left on his contract at Norwich......

Really all it shows is that recently we have simply been poor at valuing our players (Austin / Smithies) and ultimately scared of playing hardball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

That's a negative view to some extent.

It may not mean anything to him but he will be well-versed in the history of the shirt and what it represents.

However, if we have a crap season he'll be off regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

That's a negative view to some extent.

It may not mean anything to him but he will be well-versed in the history of the shirt and what it represents.

However, if we have a crap season he'll be off regardless.
                        You'd hope the manager sat down with him when he was given the number and explained it has a bit of a history. Massive honor for a kid Eze's age to be given the number 10 as far as I'm concerned, regardless of what anyone says!

Comment

So I take it you think he’s double saucy?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
                            need to get him on a new contract.
                            The club have the option of a one year extension with all of the youth players, so effectively he still has two years remaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                              So I take it you think he’s double saucy?
                              Now you’ve rearranged the thread my comment makes no sense at all...

Comment

I hear we have a promising young Millwall reject coming in

Comment

Working...
                                X