Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh couldn't find it thanks hate new website
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Just watched the video on the Offish. Good interview by Hoos

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
        Just watched the video on the Offish. Good interview by Hoos
        Read it wrong yep good interview

Comment

Do the premier league have any ruling. Seems to effect us and relegated premier clubs what what's the rules for teams in the premier as they seem to spend what they want

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

Did you protest when we were splashing the cash or is it just the failure and fall out which is upsetting you?
            No. I had my pants pulled down, too. I high fived the signing of SWP. I thought Hughesless was brilliant. I begged the club to get Mbia over the line. I ignored the fact that he thought he was signing for Glasgow Rangers rather than Queens Park Rangers. And watched incredulously his insane sending off when making his debut. I said uh oh. Or words to that effect. I watched Samba hand two goals to Fulham. The very short Seizure was honest, but paid a King's ransom whilst being unable to ever claim a cross. I even raised a glass, very appropriately, to the signing of Caulker. His assist for Hull at Hull lingers in my mind. (But I did, think Park was a crock of s hit from the get go). However, I soon realised how s hit they all were though...... Splashing the cash is what you have to do to try to survive in that s hitstorm that is the horrible, hateful and vile PL. I want us to be successful, but I dread being promoted. The thought of having to buy more s cumbags at insane prices and disgusting wages fills me with total and complete horror.

Comment

Redknapps legacy

Comment

Do supermarkets etc. get fined for making a loss?No.

I'd like to know the composition of the "arbritral" body that okayed this b*llocks fine.I would have taken the matter further - clearly against competition laws despite the "ruling".Nope,just throw your hands up,accept the corn hole pounding and kick the effluentt down the road for someone else to clear up.Gutless.

Comment

Redknapp was superb at crippling clubs, I still don't think he's officially retired

Comment

The owners got us into this mess, they were the ones paying a full back 65 large a week so they should get us out of it in my book.
                    Its 1 mess after another with us

Comment

Glad it’s finally settled.

Hope we can sneak a couple signings in before the start of the season seeing as January signings are out.

Fingers crossed the football gods are nice to us and we avoid injuries.
                      Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
                        Don’t see it as good news tbh. Having a transfer embargo I’m not bothered about as we don’t buy anyone anyway. But the 10year period to pay the fine off is a perfect excuse for the board to carry on selling our best players for peanuts and buying free transfers . Then if anyone questions it. The old excuse of “we have to pay the fine off “ will be trotted out. Meanwhile other championship clubs do 15mil on 1 player but don’t get no comebacks.
                        not sure i fully get your point...

- it's the club that is legally responsible for paying the debt and the club doesn't have enough money to pay its way (which is why we have to get loans from the owners).

- until the club is able to pay its own way, we'd need to borrow more money to pay the fine and the bigger the amount we pay back each year, the more we'd need to borrow.

- the more we borrow, the higher the interest charge.

- the higher the interest charge, the less money there is to pay other costs like wages and transfer fees.

makes much more sense to pay a bit at a time... hopefully become self-financing. no sense in converting £22m of loans, to just borrow another £17m to pay a fine.

other clubs will get what's coming to them... read elsewhere last night that villa have already spent all their season ticket income and most of next season's parachute payments (https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/v...ason-5r9kbrnf2)

Comment

Originally posted by Blobbers View Post
                          Do supermarkets etc. get fined for making a loss?No.

I'd like to know the composition of the "arbritral" body that okayed this b*llocks fine.I would have taken the matter further - clearly against competition laws despite the "ruling".Nope,just throw your hands up,accept the corn hole pounding and kick the effluentt down the road for someone else to clear up.Gutless.
                          my memory's going a bit, but i think the club have spent some time trying to challenge this ffp stuff...

the problem was that, under red chap, we did sort of extract a fair amount of urine. while we struggled to offload many of hughes' mega-stars, red chap signed plenty of former favourites on big money deals knowing full well that we couldn't do that and comply with ffp.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post

my memory's going a bit, but i think the club have spent some time trying to challenge this ffp stuff...

the problem was that, under red chap, we did sort of extract a fair amount of urine. while we struggled to offload many of hughes' mega-stars, red chap signed plenty of former favourites on big money deals knowing full well that we couldn't do that and comply with ffp.
                            The squad was huge that season. I'm sure we had about 7 senior strikers on the books in the second half of the season, unreal! Redknapp definitely took advantage of being able to rack 'em and stack 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post

No. I had my pants pulled down, too. I high fived the signing of SWP. I thought Hughesless was brilliant. I begged the club to get Mbia over the line. I ignored the fact that he thought he was signing for Glasgow Rangers rather than Queens Park Rangers. And watched incredulously his insane sending off when making his debut. I said uh oh. Or words to that effect. I watched Samba hand two goals to Fulham. The very short Seizure was honest, but paid a King's ransom whilst being unable to ever claim a cross. I even raised a glass, very appropriately, to the signing of Caulker. His assist for Hull at Hull lingers in my mind. (But I did, think Park was a crock of s hit from the get go). However, I soon realised how s hit they all were though...... Splashing the cash is what you have to do to try to survive in that s hitstorm that is the horrible, hateful and vile PL. I want us to be successful, but I dread being promoted. The thought of having to buy more s cumbags at insane prices and disgusting wages fills me with total and complete horror.
                              I want us to be promoted but only doing things the right way too.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

The squad was huge that season. I'm sure we had about 7 senior strikers on the books in the second half of the season, unreal! Redknapp definitely took advantage of being able to rack 'em and stack 'em.
                                ...and the only decent one was injured for most of that half of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X