Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by klonk View Post

not sure i fully get your point...

- it's the club that is legally responsible for paying the debt and the club doesn't have enough money to pay its way (which is why we have to get loans from the owners).

- until the club is able to pay its own way, we'd need to borrow more money to pay the fine and the bigger the amount we pay back each year, the more we'd need to borrow.

- the more we borrow, the higher the interest charge.

- the higher the interest charge, the less money there is to pay other costs like wages and transfer fees.

makes much more sense to pay a bit at a time... hopefully become self-financing. no sense in converting £22m of loans, to just borrow another £17m to pay a fine.

other clubs will get what's coming to them... read elsewhere last night that villa have already spent all their season ticket income and most of next season's parachute payments (https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/v...ason-5r9kbrnf2)
    Also, Hoos says in the interview that the owners will take care of the payment of the annual instalments which will not impact the operating budget of the club.

BUT he emphasises and re-emphasises we are and will remain bound by ongoing "FFP" obligations.

My view is we can't blame the owners for us having to observe the requirements

Comment

Originally posted by Blobbers View Post
      Do supermarkets etc. get fined for making a loss?No.

I'd like to know the composition of the "arbritral" body that okayed this b*llocks fine.I would have taken the matter further - clearly against competition laws despite the "ruling".Nope,just throw your hands up,accept the corn hole pounding and kick the effluentt down the road for someone else to clear up.Gutless.
      A cunning plan with a couple of small drawbacks...

We signed up to agree with the rules and then broke them. Oh, we also agreed what the punishment would be if we broke the rules.

It's why we were laughed at when we originally appealed and have gone cap in hand to the EFL pleading for an chance to share the fine between club and board.

The Football League is a private members club and we must abide by their rules regardless of how draconian they are...

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
        Redknapps legacy
        Renknapp legacy ffs ! yes he was far from a success but he too suffered from the Welsh ctnu's vandalism of the club's finances

Comment

...and the only decent one was injured for most of that half of the season.
          Who was the #### defender that came in, no doubt on a decent wage, and didn't even play?

* Y a n k is censored

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Also, Hoos says in the interview that the owners will take care of the payment of the annual instalments which will not impact the operating budget of the club.

BUT he emphasises and re-emphasises we are and will remain bound by ongoing "FFP" obligations.

My view is we can't blame the owners for us having to observe the requirements
            that's true, but the payments need to go through the club's books.

it can be that the owners will do a straightforward capital injection (ie buy newly created shares for cash) to finance the payments, but so far they have tended to lend money first (and charge interest on those loans) and convert the loans (and interest) into share capital later - i'd guess that they will continue to do this.

there is a danger that, while the £17m fine won't count towards our ffp calculation, the interest on the loans that are financing the fine will do.

personally, the more i think about it, i'm a bit disappointed that the league don't appear to have done anything about the interest charges that the owner's seem to be charging against the club (surely that's a fairly big ffp issue).

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Renknapp legacy ffs ! yes he was far from a success but he too suffered from the Welsh ctnu's vandalism of the club's finances
              Redknapp was a success as he got us up, but at what cost...

No doubt Hughes played a huge part as well, but redknapps spending in the championship is the killer blow.

Comment

Redknapp was a success as he got us up, but at what cost...

No doubt Hughes played a huge part as well, but redknapps spending in the championship is the killer blow.
                both are to blame (as were, to a lesser degree colin and tango and cash)... but the board and, in particular, uncle always had the opportunity to say 'no'.

Comment

both are to blame (as were, to a lesser degree colin and tango and cash)... but the board and, in particular, uncle always had the opportunity to say 'no'.
                  Fail to see how Neil could possibly take any blame whatsoever? The squad he put together stayed up. I very much doubt he negotiated any of the contracts. That was before FFP came in anyway. Same applies to Tango and Cash. Think the board need to shoulder the vast majority of the blame, they may have had their pants pulled down but ultimately they signed off on the deals. Football managers don't tend to negotiate transfer fees or wages

Comment

Who was the #### defender that came in, no doubt on a decent wage, and didn't even play?

* Y a n k is censored
                    not sure... there were so many that season - about 40 players had squad numbers at some stage or other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E...season#Players

Comment

not sure... there were so many that season - about 40 players had squad numbers at some stage or other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E...season#Players
                      Onyewu's the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post

Fail to see how Neil could possibly take any blame whatsoever? The squad he put together stayed up. I very much doubt he negotiated any of the contracts. That was before FFP came in anyway. Same applies to Tango and Cash. Think the board need to shoulder the vast majority of the blame, they may have had their pants pulled down but ultimately they signed off on the deals. Football managers don't tend to negotiate transfer fees or wages
                        colin made some bad signings - swp, anton f, keiron d, dj campbell, bothroyd etc (we can argue about barton - i'd include him, but i know others wouldn't). main reason for this was that tango and cash had cut off all the cash after the promotion, meaning that when he finally had money to spend (after uncle's arrival), the pickings weren't so great...

Comment

So Manure can still keep spending money like water?

Let's win the championship then refuse to go up to that w ankfest which is the Premier League.

Comment

colin made some bad signings - swp, anton f, keiron d, dj campbell, bothroyd etc (we can argue about barton - i'd include him, but i know others wouldn't). main reason for this was that tango and cash had cut off all the cash after the promotion, meaning that when he finally had money to spend (after uncle's arrival), the pickings weren't so great...
                            Luke Young, Our man Traore, SWP, Barton and Anton - the great trolley dash of the 2011 summer window after the takeover

In fairness to them they all looked good early on.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              So Manure can still keep spending money like water?

Let's win the championship then refuse to go up to that w ankfest which is the Premier League.
                              Uniteds income is huge. The one they need to look at really is City as there's no way some of those sponsorship deals are legit.

Comment

Are we allowed to feel good about this or not? Reading posts here and LFW I can't decide, but I know I want to feel good about. Hell, I'm gonna feel good about it, why not? It feels like something has shifted and we can move on. No black cloud hovering over us. Come on you Rs.

Comment

Working...
                                X