X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFP sorted

​​​​​​. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/q...-ban-hp9mpmjt7
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

One keeper, One or two defenders and a striker needs to be got in this window as we cannot risk trying to get through this season with what we have.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      One keeper, One or two defenders and a striker needs to be got in this window as we cannot risk trying to get through this season with what we have.
      I'm not sure if we need a keeper, definitely defenders and striker(s) We are too thin and unproven in many areas and it would be a huge risk to try to go a full season without the option of the January transfer window if needed, hopefully there are 3 teams worse off than us! I am not saying we can't potentially have a good season if everything goes right, I'm concerned if things go wrong with injuries and poor form from players and a thin squad!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Gator. Do you remember when we sold Les Ferdinand? We went into a season with Gallen and Dichio who were both potentially very good but were not upto scoring the goals that would keep us up, Well this is similar in that we have two keepers who are unproven at this level but could be good in time. Big risk going into a season without any experience between the sticks.

Comment

Very similar situation as that season, I hope things work out better this time!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Mee too and that is why we need to get someone in. We are not good enough to go into a season with two unproven keepers knowing full well we cannot get anyone in after this window closes.

Comment

Smithies could become our Les Ferdinand if the keepers don't work out, I am figuring one of these guys should be at least adequate but you never know, big risks all round!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Ferdinand was 20 odd goals a season Smithies was worth 7 to 10 points a season.

Comment

Wish we’d had a transfer embargo in January before. Don’t see that as much of a punishment. Also being able to pay the fine over 10 years makes it a bit easier to swallow.

Comment

So the figure quoted in this article contradicts what was leaked earlier in the week, which stated the fine was 17m quid, with another 3m quid in legal costs to be covered. Some of the wording on the leaked document was slightly confusing however, so perhaps I've misunderstood something.

Anyway, seems the outcome is that the owners will pay a substantial fine, and we will be unable to sign any players in the January window. Personally I feel it's a good outcome. The fine has been reduced, and whilst the numbers are still eye watering, our owners can afford it, and it will won't be coming out of the clubs operating budget. Of course it will be tough to build a squad in the next few weeks that will last the season without any new additions in January. But it is what it is. This season has probably become all about survival now, with the prospect of a fresh injection of cashing being more realistic from next season.
                    Last edited by Tarbie; 27-07-2018, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Looks the same to me... £17m spread over 10 years is a bit of a result in my view.

worth remembering that we can still sign players on frees when there is an embargo if we have less than 24 players aged 21 and over who have started less than 5 competitive games (league or cup)... just limted to wages of £12k a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        So the figure quoted in this article contradicts what was leaked earlier in the week, which stated the fine was 17m quid, with another 3m quid in legal costs to be covered. Some of the wording on the leaked document was slightly confusing however, so perhaps I've misunderstood something.

Anyway, seems the outcome is that the owners will pay a substantial fine, and we will be unable to sign any players in the January window. Personally I feel it's a good outcome. The fine has been reduced, and whilst the numbers are still eye watering, our owners can afford it, and it will won't be coming out of the clubs operating budget. Of course it will be tough to build a squad in the next few weeks that will last the season without any new additions in January. But it is what it is, this season has probably become all about survival now, with the prospect of a fresh injection of cashing being more realistic from next season.
                        I don't think The Times has understood it correctly to be honest. That is a very misleading headline. The £17m plus £3m fine of £20m compares to the £46m fine we got so that is a good result. The loan swap is just the shareholders way of paying for it. I don't understand why they have lumped that into the equation. I could be wrong though and assuming the official announcement will follow from us that should clarify it.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

I don't think The Times has understood it correctly to be honest. That is a very misleading headline. The £17m plus £3m fine of £20m compares to the £46m fine we got so that is a good result. The loan swap is just the shareholders way of paying for it. I don't understand why they have lumped that into the equation. I could be wrong though and assuming the official announcement will follow from us that should clarify it.
                          Exactly my interpretation too mate.

I personally think it's really good news. Means we'll be back to some kind of normality from 2019/20 season, hopefully with some major lessons learned along the way!

Comment

Now confirmed by Nick de Marco, club lawyer.

We all have our opinions on the fairness of FFP but the undeniable truth is that we broke the rules we had signed up to.

I must admit that I don't fully understand how the share part of the deal works but a £17m fine - and spread over a decade - alongside a one-time transfer embargo is the best outcome we could hope for.

We will struggle for a few years but today is the start of a new era and we can draw a line under a regrettable part of our history.

Here's to the future...

Comment

glad its all sorted out finally!!! 17m over a decade is fantastic for us and more fair than a crippling 40m fine.

this is why we had to fight it, some people suggested we just pay it outright but this deal is brilliant for us

Comment

Working...
                              X