QPR Finances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
    This makes no sense at all, Kev. First of all, Tony owns between 10% and 15% and will own far less later this year, ones Ruben has converted outstanding interests once again to shares. My bet is that by the start of the new season (or latest some time in Q3) Tony will own less than 3-4% of the club and will leave the position as co chairman. Ruben will either be the only chairman or he will appoint another person.

If not one single player gets sold we will be in breach of FFP rules for the second time, and no one at QPR are stupid enough to let that happen. Not only will it lead to a new penalty but it will do serious harm to the appeal process of the first FFP penalty, that is yet not finally decided.

The only way we could avoid selling key players is that Ruben draw up new T&C for his shareholder loans, based on much lower interest rates.
    Oslo, have you not been following this clown for the best part of 18 months? He is taking the absolute ####.

Comment

The interest charged by Rubin was offset against the purchase of shares from Tony. So I would guess it was a one off.
      I am not sure how it plays out in the overall losses column re FFP, but if it needs to be included it is more than likely that the board sanctioned the deal because they were certain they would not go over the FFP limit for this season.
      Presume their accountants advised this was the best way for shares to be transfered without Rubin actually needing to pay extra for them.

( ps, sure I already posted this here but it turned up in the other Oslo finance thread....?)

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
        Seriously, if someone hasn’t said it already - you need to give it a rest. You’re sarcasm is not funny, well overdone and frankly rather pathetic. Maybe one day you might actually grow up.
        Maybe i can start moaning about every single thing to do with the club and constantly saying the chairman is fleecing us and all our players are going to be sold, then i could be classed as a real grown up Rangers man eh?
        Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 28-03-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

In all honesty, as I doubt the youngsters are going anywhere, it is only Robinson that I'd be bothered about losing.

Comment

Originally posted by padam View Post
            sure I already posted this here but it turned up in the other Oslo finance thread....?
            I saw that you posted it on there last night and suggested it would be more relevant in this thread. You may have just posted it there by mistake?

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
              It looks to me as if most fans do not realize we have to part with some our very best players this summer; even with some of the very promising youngsters.
              Could not disagree more. We don't HAVE to part with anyone....especially the youngsters who, might I remind everyone, have only just got into the first XI.

Comment

Its like Project Fear on here at the moment, and i totally agree with you Mush. We might not buy many but we will sell less.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Its like Project Fear on here at the moment, and i totally agree with you Mush. We might not buy many but we will sell less.
                  Forget the fact we could slap a £25m price tag on the players like Norwich have done.

Comment

Oslo surely the ffp cant punish you if nobody wants any of your players. Do we have to threaten clubs with physical violence to buy the likes of sylla who has been for sale for donkeys years now.
                    EFL won't punish anyone if they can't sell their players. They punish clubs that break the FFP rules.

And whose game is it anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Could not disagree more. We don't HAVE to part with anyone....especially the youngsters who, might I remind everyone, have only just got into the first XI.
                      I totally agree with you. We don't HAVE to sell anyone. Just one small nagging detail, and it may be irrelevant, but if its not, how else do we keep within the confines of FFP?

Clearly, I expect, as we all do, the Board have a three year financial plan, and all manner of what if scenarios, so I guess any doubts I may have are unfounded.

Comment

And as we all know Project Fear failed, and that's why we're leaving the EU, so there's nothing to worry about. Is there?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          McCarthy was sh*te though mate. I called it at the time, and got shot down by plenty on here for it. He was never good enough for us, let alone bigger clubs.

Smithies is decent though. Could easily be plying his trade in the top flight. Other clubs may not see it, but anyone who watches us play every weeks surely must do!
                          this. smithies is a quality keeper and imo hes one of the top 5 english keepers in the country (not hard atm), its hard to prove that wrong.

take into account that smithies will fill one of the home grown player requirements that prem teams need and its pretty much a dead cert that someone will come in for him. if he left last summer i reckon he'd be in the england team, the only keepers in this division that comes anywhere close to him is dan bentley of brentford and maybe millwalls keeper

Comment

As has been said before, it makes no sense to sell anyone if the club are interested in chasing EPL status and revenue, which was very recently their stated aim. The board know that if they sell the best players, a fair chunk of revenue will be sacrificed: failure on the park = lower revenue.

So there's a strong economic argument that a selling policy is not a sound financial long term proposition. We simply don't have the strength in depth to let the best players go and maintain our status, never mind challenge for promotion. Selling in this situation is as likely to be as unsustainable as a spending spree.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Let's be honest mate, none of us on here know if we do or don't have to sell players. It's all pure speculation. The OP has obviously looked at the annual accounts and has made some well thought out assumptions. But let's not ignore the fact that they are assumptions. For starters, we as fans are only privy to financial information that is a year old. Secondly, we have no idea what discussions are going on between the club and the FA with regards to FFP.

I will add that I'm glad it's this way. If detailed and recent financial information was public, and we were under pressure to reduce overheads to satisfy FFP, then the vultures would be circling around our best players.

I personally suspect that there may be a departure or 2 required, firstly to trim the wage bill and secondly for a cash injection to allow us to redress some of the imbalances in the squad (lack of centre forwards etc.). I doubt it will be Smyth or Eze that will go (although if someone came in with stupid money, I suspect both would have their price). But I could see someone like Smithies, Freeman or Luongo going. I also think we'll be trying hard to shift some of the more expensive fringe players like Sylla, Cousins etc.

My biggest concern this summer is the fact that Perch, Ned and Robinson are all out of contract. Of course losing Robinson will be a blow. But let's face it, going into the last year of his contract all of us on here thought he was a write off, he'd barely kicked a ball. Obviously from there he's found some terrific form this season, it's just unfortunate that it's happened in the final year of a 4 year contract. Ned has been a great servant, and we are a far better side when he plays, but he is also hugely overpaid and has been since the day we signed him. Perch I'd let go anyway, always injured and his form has swayed from awesome to downright awful over the course of his contract. Each of these departures in isolation wouldn't be a train smash, but I worry about 3 first team defenders leaving at the same time with very little in the coffers to replace them with.
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 29-03-2018, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Let's be honest mate, none of us on here know if we do or don't have to sell players. It's all pure speculation. The OP has obviously looked at the annual accounts and has made some well thought out assumptions. But let's not ignore the fact that they are assumptions. For starters, we as fans are only privy to financial information that is a year old. Secondly, we have no idea what discussions are going on between the club and the FA with regards to FFP.

I will add that I'm glad it's this way. If detailed and recent financial information was public, and we were under pressure to reduce overheads to satisfy FFP, then the vultures would be circling around our best players.

I personally suspect that there may be a departure or 2 required, firstly to trim the wage bill and secondly for a cash injection to allow us to redress some of the imbalances in the squad (lack of centre forwards etc.). I doubt it will be Smyth or Eze that will go (although if someone came in with stupid money, I suspect both would have their price). But I could see someone like Smithies, Freeman or Luongo going. I also think we'll be trying hard to shift some of the more expensive fringe players like Sylla, Cousins etc.

My biggest concern this summer is the fact that Perch, Ned and Robinson are all out of contract. Of course losing Robinson will be a blow. But let's face it, going into the last year of his contract all of us on here thought he was a write off, he'd barely kicked a ball. Obviously from there he's found some terrific form this season, it's just unfortunate that it's happened in the final year of a 4 year contract. Ned has been a great servant, and we are a far better side when he plays, but he is also hugely overpaid and has been since the day we signed him. Perch I'd let go anyway, always injured and his form has swayed from awesome to downright awful over the course of his contract. Each of these departures in isolation wouldn't be a train smash, but I worry about 3 first team defenders leaving at the same time with very little in the coffers to replace them with.

Comment

Working...
                                X