Transfer Fees.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Fees.

I have just seen Martyn Waghorn is off to Derby for 8 million? That is when you know the market has gone mad and shows that you do not get a great deal for your money nowadays.

When will we ever sell a player for £8m again?

Comment

I know strikers are at a premium , but this really does indicate what good business we've done Smythe BOS Eeze. Oteh Freeman Luongo scowens !!

Comment

Very good work getting them into the club now they need to keep them there and most importantly tie them down with clauses put into contracts and sell on fee in the future..

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          I know strikers are at a premium , but this really does indicate what good business we've done Smythe BOS Eeze. Oteh Freeman Luongo scowens !!
          Bring them in cheap, dont sign them up to long expensive contracts and let them go cheap....then replace with cheap signings etc etc

Comment

Too much falling down water for me tonight. I was hallucinating that positive things were almost being said about our development philosophy?

Next I'll read someone suggesting reversing the age old investment strategy - "sell the stars, keep the dogs".

Comment

For the players we have bought in over the last 2 to 3 years shows the scouts know their stuff so I would suggest these guys get tied down and are paid well as they are our hope of a better future as without them unearthing a gem or two we cannot expect to compete with the higher parts of this league.

Comment

Yet Marriott is off to Derby for just £3 milliion. Great signing at that price.

Comment

Utter madness. I think some clubs have just totally lost their minds at the moment. We're doing exactly the right thing in developing our own, scouring the lower leagues for bargains and avoiding all of the inflated fees at Championship level.

Comment

Transfer fees are no longer based on the player being bought or sold they are based on the last player sold in the same position in the same division. The Waghorn deal sums it up as he was let go willingly by Glasgow Rangers. Respect to Chris Wilder who refused to pay more than they valued him at.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      Utter madness. I think some clubs have just totally lost their minds at the moment. We're doing exactly the right thing in developing our own, scouring the lower leagues for bargains and avoiding all of the inflated fees at Championship level.
                      Try telling that to the oh-my-god-we've-only-signed-one-player-why-aren't-we-signing-more-christ-we're-definitely-getting-relegated club
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

Try telling that to the oh-my-god-we've-only-signed-one-player-why-aren't-we-signing-more-christ-we're-definitely-getting-relegated club
                        Very true though

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

So the 2nd division formerly third division German defender is enough. Ok then!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Bring them in cheap, dont sign them up to long expensive contracts and let them go cheap....then replace with cheap signings etc etc
                            Thing is if they’re cheap it usually means you’re taking a gamble on whether they’ll be good or not.

Long term contracts for cheap players sounds good in theory if they turn out like Luongo or Freeman, but imagine the distain on this forum if we had Toszer and Gladwin on 5 year contracts.

Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger-JimBob View Post

Thing is if they’re cheap it usually means you’re taking a gamble on whether they’ll be good or not.

Long term contracts for cheap players sounds good in theory if they turn out like Luongo or Freeman, but imagine the distain on this forum if we had Toszer and Gladwin on 5 year contracts.
                              But nobody is getting long contracts mate. When did we last sign anyone on a 4 or 5 year deal? Most of the recent signings have got 2 years.

Secondly, cheap doesn't have to mean we are gambling. It just means we are sending our scouts out to look at players less obvious than 90% of the sides in this division would look at.

the situation is what it is, we're broke. But personally I think the club are doing a very good job with the limited resources we have at our disposal these days!

Comment

Working...
                              X