Programmes £3.50 next season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programmes £3.50 next season...

That's it for me... Not paying that for a programme...

If you've already stopped buying them what was your final price?

If you haven't, how much are you willing to go up to?

£3.00 - I stopped last season. My son used to read them then stopped so we gorge on chocolate bars after now.
    Slightly less healthy but still.

Comment

'We stopped last season too - they're a good read but I'd rather have another pint

Comment

i've never actually bought a programme to begin with .

i guess its because everything i need to know about is mentioned online now anyway as its a different age for being a fan

Comment

Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
          'We stopped last season too - they're a good read but I'd rather have another pint
          Easier to recycle the pint too.

Comment

I buy the programmes and read them on the way home. I've got a bit of a collection going on, I like seeing them build up over a season. I've always been a bit obsessive about collecting reading material.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post
              That's it for me... Not paying that for a programme...

If you've already stopped buying them what was your final price?

If you haven't, how much are you willing to go up to?
              I paid £12 at the playoff final...

Comment

prefer to spend it on AKUTR's. Apparently programmes are now out of fashion, Won't be long before you don't have the choice anyways
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

I used to buy them in the 60 and 70’s, but haven’t bought one in 30 odd years now, and today, it’s all on line anyway.
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                    prefer to spend it on AKUTR's. Apparently programmes are now out of fashion, Won't be long before you don't have the choice anyways
                    i`m the same ,one of us will always buy AKUTRS ,i havnt bought a programme for about 20 years
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Always get a programme but to be honest they could revert to the retro 70’s style perhaps a 12pp A5 size and cut price to 2.00? Make it more collectible again. Doesn’t need to be 48pp.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I paid £12 at the playoff final...
                        Yep, finals and big games are different. I also always buy England programmes and paid £35 for a first edition copy of the one issued in Turin back in 2015 as I didn't get one over there: few did which is why it had a second publication.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          Always get a programme but to be honest they could revert to the retro 70’s style perhaps a 12pp A5 size and cut price to 2.00? Make it more collectible again. Doesn’t need to be 48pp.
                          They should do a digital copy for a quid or 2. I'd happily buy and download it at home before heading out to the match.

Comment

Tbh I personally don't buy programmes anyway, but £3.50 isn't unreasonable at all in my mind?

Less than a pint of beer, and as others have said, programmes at venues like Wembley etc are 3 or 4 times that price. Considering the work that evidently goes into the programme, really don't think £3.50 is a lot.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

This. But I last brought a programme in 1981.......

Comment

Working...
                              X