Trent sainbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

The window closes a week on Thursday. That's close enough for me and I guess many others.

we don't have many options in the squad; Liestner, Lynch Baptiste, Hall and Phillips (both injured) at present.
    But we've got no idea whatsoever what is going on behind the scenes. For all you know, Les may have adequate back up plans ready and waiting if a deal can't be struck for Sainsbury.

Also worth noting that Charlie Owens has been playing Centre Half and looking good for the U23's. Osman Kakay is also capable of playing there. I'll admit that I'd prefer there was cover with more experience. But I suspect these guys wouldn't disappoint if called upon.

People need to realise that this season we will be operating with a smaller, and younger squad. We may need to put a bit of trust in some younger players who don't have much in the way of first team experience. The whole process will be a lot easier if we accept this, stop complaining so much, and get behind the players. Personally I'm much happier with this arrangement than signing overpaid mercenaries like we were a few years back.
    Last edited by Tarbie; 01-08-2018, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Tarbie your spot on about fans adjusting expectations I fear some are still in the mind set of you got keep up with the Jones’

were operating in totally new ball park

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Tarbie your spot on about fans adjusting expectations I fear some are still in the mind set of you got keep up with the Jones’

And a very dangerous ball park

Comment

• Possibly knocks tine will tell. Got be better ball park, long term, then one which could have seen club go out of business

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Tarbie your spot on about fans adjusting expectations I fear some are still in the mind set of you got keep up with the Jones’

don't think anyone believes that we have loads of money available to keep up with the Jones,more frustrated that the club have gone from recruiting far to many players to the other end of the spectrum and leaving us short in areas with just a few days left until the start of the season.
            Every season we get the usual 'we will get our business done early from the board but is the same old story that we fail to do so. they would be better off not saying anything.
            we are not the only club working under constraints but they still manage to recruit in the areas needed. The club is just happy to amble along and hopefully avoid relegation each year but still charge a premium to watch it,absolutely no ambition to move forwards but seems like fans aren't allowed to have expectations of us competing.

Comment

• Think there are a few Norfolk who would open the cheque book

Comment

• Nothing said about players in early this season as Steve had access what he’s got & realises he needs 2/3 more in, I don’t think the club is just ambling along, they have ambitions but it will tasks time & they know it. Anyway I thought this topic was about Sainsbury signing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                  Nothing said about players in early this season as Steve had access what he’s got & realises he needs 2/3 more in, I don’t think the club is just ambling along, they have ambitions but it will tasks time & they know it. Anyway I thought this topic was about Sainsbury signing?
                  sorry,Will ask your permission next time I post

Comment

• Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post

don't think anyone believes that we have loads of money available to keep up with the Jones,more frustrated that the club have gone from recruiting far to many players to the other end of the spectrum and leaving us short in areas with just a few days left until the start of the season.
                    Every season we get the usual 'we will get our business done early from the board but is the same old story that we fail to do so. they would be better off not saying anything.
                    we are not the only club working under constraints but they still manage to recruit in the areas needed. The club is just happy to amble along and hopefully avoid relegation each year but still charge a premium to watch it,absolutely no ambition to move forwards but seems like fans aren't allowed to have expectations of us competing.
                    Tbf, they have to peddle the bollix as to get punters to buy the season tickets.
                    Been happening for a couple of seasons now.

Nothing but a sales pitch.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Agreed

I am not expecting much but if they insist on making such comments then bloody well get on with it.

Some believe that QPR have enough talented young players to step up to the mark, but I am not so sure. How many have featured for the Under 21,20 and 19 international squads ? I see other FL clubs' youngsters featuring but not many from QPR.

I like the look of Eze, Smyth, BOS and possibly Chair and think they have a good future in the game, but I will wait a bit longer on others like Kakay, Lumley, Furlong before saying they will feature successfully at this level.

Hopefully they will come good, but it would have been great and useful for McLaren to have signed players already and had them in to take part in pre season training and fixtures.

Yes, of course Ferdinand might already have deals lined up, but my money is on that he hasn't.

Remember Defoe was lined up to replace Remy and the deal fell through and no time to get someone else in.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Agreed

I am not expecting much but if they insist on making such comments then bloody well get on with it.

Some believe that QPR have enough talented young players to step up to the mark, but I am not so sure. How many have featured for the Under 21,20 and 19 international squads ? I see other FL clubs' youngsters featuring but not many from QPR.

I like the look of Eze, Smyth, BOS and possibly Chair and think they have a good future in the game, but I will wait a bit longer on others like Kakay, Lumley, Furlong before saying they will feature successfully at this level.

Hopefully they will come good, but it would have been great and useful for McLaren to have signed players already and had them in to take part in pre season training and fixtures.

Yes, of course Ferdinand might already have deals lined up, but my money is on that he hasn't.

Remember Defoe was lined up to replace Remy and the deal fell through and no time to get someone else in.
                        excellent post Stan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                          Nothing said about players in early this season as Steve had access what he’s got & realises he needs 2/3 more in, I don’t think the club is just ambling along, they have ambitions but it will tasks time & they know it. Anyway I thought this topic was about Sainsbury signing?
                          Yes it is about Sainsbury signing and it is taking a hell of a long time for him to sign.

Comment

sorry,Will ask your permission next time I post
                            Really! strange bloke you are then!

Comment

• The days of arrogance has gone our two closest nieghbors have shown us how it should be done and if we don't learn from clubs on our door step doing it the right way , then we might as well just forget the progress we have made in player recruitment , not saying we don't have to keep an eye on the absence of a January window

Comment

• Jeez, will you guys hurry up! We get the Championship over here in Oz and I want to watch Sains play!

Comment

Working...
                                X