Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17 days left to sign someone before Preston.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

Just before season starts
    Who is in it this year?

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

The official rule is quote "Register players who ceased to be registered with a club during the period up until August31,2018"
      Yes i think that is the case to 'play' them between then and Jan 31st and then the same up until the end of the season. If an out of contract player is say signed in October he can't then play until the January transfer window has shut. I think. Lol

Comment

I find the confidence people on here have in McClaren a little surprising. His recent record is not great at all. Ask any fans of the clubs he recently managed.

Hoping for the best and think he will be good for the young players but results are what counts and what keeps you in a job....let's see if he can grind out enough results like Ollie did.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
          I find the confidence people on here have in McClaren a little surprising. His recent record is not great at all. Ask any fans of the clubs he recently managed.

Hoping for the best and think he will be good for the young players but results are what counts and what keeps you in a job....let's see if he can grind out enough results like Ollie did.
          If he losses too many points blooding the young players he'll get the sack, just like Olly.

Comment

I find the confidence people on here have in McClaren a little surprising. His recent record is not great at all..
            Really ? I'd take that 44% win rate he had in his last spell at Derby over keeping Holloway on any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Really ? I'd take that 44% win rate he had in his last spell at Derby over keeping Holloway on any day of the week.
              Don't think McClaren is a bad appointment but at this point getting a job with us is the best offer he is going to get and there are reasons for that.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Who is in it this year?
                Not Forest anyway ,I will look more closely at teams and their squads a week before season starts.

Comment

Totally agree Brian. I think this McLaren appointment will end in tears. Ollie done well in what is a pretty poor situation we find ourselves in. If he can match Ollie and keep us very safe then I will congratulate him
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

He may have been sacked by Derby but his first spell got them to playoff final vs us and his second spell they were 10th when he was sacked. His Newcastle job was unsuccessful but i ask you this..... Derby.. Despite them getting into the playoffs last season have constantly failed as their seasons have progressed no matter who their manager was. Newcastle.... The only manager that has gained stability albeit this was just last season is Benitez. All other managers have 'failed'. Again McClaren and his time at Forest.... All other managers have failed and been sacked. Which probably tells me that it maybe wasn't that McClaren was a bad manager but possibly these clubs have been continuously run badly and haven't had the necessary things in place for improving as clubs despite tons of money being spent on transfers and big player turnover. Of course we'll have to wait and see if that happens to us. But we shouldn't be so quick to look at his previous jobs and blame just him for bad results. There are lots of factors why a club may not be winning and improving

Comment

Can see why McClaren has been brought in and it is all about his coaching ability not his managerial record as that fits the model that our club is changing. Good young players to be improved and sold on for good money. If he was good enough to coach the class of 92 then he is good enough for us. Results may not improve hugely but individuals should.

Comment

Don't think McClaren is a bad appointment but at this point getting a job with us is the best offer he is going to get and there are reasons for that.
                        Someone's been saying similar things about the Smithies offer?
                        Last edited by Undecided; 18-07-2018, 08:18 PM. Reason: grammar!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          Shall we start a new thread like this every day but just reduce the number of days by one?
                          A kind of countdown to Armageddon

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

Yes i think that is the case to 'play' them between then and Jan 31st and then the same up until the end of the season. If an out of contract player is say signed in October he can't then play until the January transfer window has shut. I think. Lol
                            What that means is you can sign anyone who was a free agent at 31 Aug 2018 at any time and play them as long as they have remained a free agent up to the point you sign them.

Comment

Working...
                            X