Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17 days left to sign someone before Preston.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 days left to sign someone before Preston.

Without doubt, we are much weaker than what we finished last season. And as most teams seemed to have strengthened, it is a major gamble to start with what we've got now. And not even the safety net of the transfer window still being open till end of August.

We are much weaker then I’ve seen us in a long time. Must sign defenders quickly !!!!!
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

i think we're weaker at the back but only in hindsight. this time last season people were calling for mass to be sold, robbo was known as injury prone and far off the first team, nervous ned, darnell wasn't good enough, chair was a nobody and smyth was unknown. most of our young players got some good experience last season and will come into this season ready for the first team.

we only really need one cb and a new striker, we have a far better manager who'll bring some consistency and will play players to their strengths rather than shoehorning people into positions and formations that don't suit them. eze imo will be key to next season but i don't think we're any worse off this season, in fact i think we're in a far better position than last as long as we bring in 2 players. the only concern i have is that we're yet to bring anyone else in yet given that we were supposed to be targetting out of contract players

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
        i think we're weaker at the back but only in hindsight. this time last season people were calling for mass to be sold, robbo was known as injury prone and far off the first team, nervous ned, darnell wasn't good enough, chair was a nobody and smyth was unknown. most of our young players got some good experience last season and will come into this season ready for the first team.

we only really need one cb and a new striker, we have a far better manager who'll bring some consistency and will play players to their strengths rather than shoehorning people into positions and formations that don't suit them. eze imo will be key to next season but i don't think we're any worse off this season, in fact i think we're in a far better position than last as long as we bring in 2 players. the only concern i have is that we're yet to bring anyone else in yet given that we were supposed to be targetting out of contract players
        We've lost arguably the best goalkeeper in the division, Ned, who not perfect but would probably make most starting line-ups in the championship and Robinson who was our best defender in the second half of the season. Definitely weaker.

Comment

I don't think we've seen all our out goings yet and they need to be gone asap , if we've got players in mind we need get the bizzo done

Comment

Shall we start a new thread like this every day but just reduce the number of days by one?
            A kind of countdown to Armageddon

Comment

Load of nonsense. If anything we are stronger than last season because we won't be spending 8 months playing a system no-one fits into !

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                Shall we start a new thread like this every day but just reduce the number of days by one?
                A kind of countdown to Armageddon
                Surely YOU can understand this sort of thread Jack it's the club that create any inpatients the punters might have due their twice yearly shlt ( WE HAVE IDENTIFYED OUR TARGETS AND EXPECT TO MAKE EARLY SIGNINGS )

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Load of nonsense. If anything we are stronger than last season because we won't be spending 8 months playing a system no-one fits into !
                  Guess we will know after the first few games if nothing changes. McLaren is a much better option than Ollie but he's no miricle worker.

Comment

Don't know how you can think that mushy forecasting anything at the moment is only clutching at straws untill know what our squad is plus we haven't kicked a ball in anger yet buddy

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post

Guess we will know after the first few games if nothing changes. McLaren is a much better option than Ollie but he's no miricle worker.
                      True, he is no miracle worker but IMO he has got a good enough base to work from for us to not be in the bottom three as it currently stands - especially if Grant Hall gets back into the mix at some point in the first few weeks.

Comment

Totally agree Mush, youngsters have come on tremendously, think the only people who think Smithies was one of divisions top keepers was our fan base as can be seen by size of fee (and lack of any other enquiry) and going as backup keeper to a club that over achieved and will more than likely come straight back down. IMO one defender and striker required and still have to end of August for loans

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Don't know how you can think that mushy forecasting anything at the moment is only clutching at straws untill know what our squad is plus we haven't kicked a ball in anger yet buddy
                          Just believe that, for once, we've got the right bloke in charge at the right time. If he can get us organised and plays people in their natural positions / or at least ones they are comfortable in then we should be half decent as it stands.

Comment

Youngsters have come on tremendously? How do you know that? We haven't started yet. Hope that's the case but time will tell.

Comment

Whilst I agree that having McLaren as head coach should mean that they won't be wasting 3/4 of the season again, the squad is a bit weaker. Also, unless I am mistaken, the window is shutting much earlier now,...before the Premier League season starts if memory serves me well.

Comment

Working...
                              X