Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loftus Road ranked 7th best ground in the Championship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christ... so many negative comments about our CHURCH!!! When its buzzing, there is NO better place!!

Forget the seats and #### toilets, it's a great crack in the heart of West London!!

Comment

As said above, as someone above 6 foot I will have to disagree... Its a dump, our dump and I love it to a degree, but it is a dump.

Ironically the best thing going for it is the intimacy which is created by having such cramped seating!

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post
        As said above, as someone above 6 foot I will have to disagree... Its a dump, our dump and I love it to a degree, but it is a dump.

Ironically the best thing going for it is the intimacy which is created by having such cramped seating!
        So many new grounds are lovely to go to and look at... but Football wise, it's sh1t?

What's more important, having a nice prawn sarnie with leg space.... or getting buzzed up and enjoying football with a pint?!?

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

So many new grounds are lovely to go to and look at... but Football wise, it's sh1t?

What's more important, having a nice prawn sarnie with leg space.... or getting buzzed up and enjoying football with a pint?!?
          That only works as a theory if every game before the invention of all-seater stadiums had an amazing atmosphere and every game since had an awful one.

Judging from your username - and apologies if I am wrong - I suspect you attended few if any matches in the 80s because you were either too young or not born yet. Let me let you into a little secret... It wasn't always exciting.. oh, and not much has changed. Games at home to Middlesborouh, Nottingham Forest or Southampton had a poor or rubbish atmosphere unless it was a big match or there had been some trouble before the match or the players had a fight. Same as today as it happens.... Similarly, games against Chelsea, Manchester United or Spurs had a great atmosphere regardless of the importance of the match or any aggro on or off the pitch. Which is exactly the same as today.

Every club will be the same whether they play at a dilapidated dump of a ground or a nice new shiny bowl. Do you think Southampton vs Portsmouth or even Reading vs Oxford would have an awful atmosphere simply because what the ground looks like?

And as for Wembley.. Anyone who tells you that Wembley has a crap atmosphere didn't go to many England matches at the old ground and certainly wasn't there against Poland just 5 years ago when the atmosphere was absolutely crazy with fights breaking out all over the ground and running battles being fought up Wembley high Street before and after the match. Oh, and they clearly wasn't there when we played Scotland, Germany or Brazil twice each over the last 5 years either.... You know, the same games that generated atmospheres in the 80s... Bizarely, England vs Montenegro was a crap atmosphere just as it was when 18,000 filled the 98,000 capaicty old Wembley against Chilie...

If we do have a problem it is that people have watched too many daft films which depict football as an amazing event which always has mad, passionate atmospheres. They didn't attend our first home game after we had lost 9 consecutive league games and lost 2 cup games in the middle of that run...!
          Last edited by OldR; 18-07-2018, 12:34 PM.

Comment

That only works as a theory if every game before the invention of all-seater stadiums had an amazing atmosphere and every game since had an awful one.

Judging from your username - and apologies if I am wrong - I suspect you attended few if any matches in the 80s because you were either too young or not born yet. Let me let you into a little secret... It wasn't always exciting.. oh, and not much has changed. Games at home to Middlesborouh, Nottingham Forest or Southampton had a poor or rubbish atmosphere unless it was a big match or there had been some trouble before the match or the players had a fight. Same as today as it happens.... Similarly, games against Chelsea, Manchester United or Spurs had a great atmosphere regardless of the importance of the match or any aggro on or off the pitch. Which is exactly the same as today.

Every club will be the same whether they play at a dilapidated dump of a ground or a nice new shiny bowl. Do you think Southampton vs Portsmouth or even Reading vs Oxford would have an awful atmosphere simply because what the ground looks like?

And as for Wembley.. Anyone who tells you that Wembley has a crap atmosphere didn't go to many England matches at the old ground and certainly wasn't there against Poland just 5 years ago when the atmosphere was absolutely crazy with fights breaking out all over the ground and running battles being fought up Wembley high Street before and after the match. Oh, and they clearly wasn't there when we played Scotland, Germany or Brazil twice each over the last 5 years either.... You know, the same games that generated atmospheres in the 80s... Bizarely, England vs Montenegro was a crap atmosphere just as it was when 18,000 filled the 98,000 capaicty old Wembley against Chilie...

If we do have a problem it is that people have watched too many daft films which depict football as an amazing event which always has mad, passionate atmospheres. They didn't attend our first home game after had lost 9 consecutive league games and lost 2 cup games in the middle of that run...!
            haha. Not far wrong, I have wanted to change this daft username for ages. I was born late 80's so didn't catch much until 1994 that I can recall.

I hear what you're saying, totally agree as it happens, but more to the original post and point I can personally see why our home is voted so highly. I think some of the cons are outweighed by the bigger pros to coming to QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
              Christ... so many negative comments about our CHURCH!!! When its buzzing, there is NO better place!!

Forget the seats and #### toilets, it's a great crack in the heart of West London!!
              Damn straight ! Couldnt have put it better .

And for the record i did attend matches throughout the 80s ,and remember cracking atmospheres generated by the Loft ,and the Paddock for many pedestrian league matches with 10.000 odd crowds ,and as for the big clubs and trouble matches the atmosphere was electric ( and with the help of the "chaps" in whats now X Block , but the less said about that the better ! )
              As you said give me Loftus Road rocking before a half full modern bowl any day ,and i`ll swallow the grazed knees with pleasure .

Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                We won't get a new Stadium unless some very wealthy people take and plough loads of cash in and challenge FFP we can't fill the ground we have now why would we need a 40.000 stadium it might be more comfortable, but it will be like playing in a morgue, ask Coventry city
                What has getting new owners with lots of money got to do with getting a new stadium. We ALREADY have owners with loads of money. That isn't the problem. The problem we are facing is finding land big enough and easy enough to get through all the legal loopholes we are currently facing.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

What has getting new owners with lots of money got to do with getting a new stadium. We ALREADY have owners with loads of money. That isn't the problem. The problem we are facing is finding land big enough and easy enough to get through all the legal loopholes we are currently facing.
                  Our owners aren't as Wealthy as you may think, Mittals have reduced their stake to only just around 15% down from about 35% Tony and his crew don't really have the wealth to take it on from where we are now, what with FFP.so unless some very wealthy Russian, Chinese or American wants to get involved and makes a personal loan/gift of somewhere in the region of about £100-200M which is what it will probably cost to build a state of the art 40.000 all seater stadium, there are sites in West London our biggest problem is Hammersmith and Fulham don't want us to move from the borough, and planning for Loftus Rd after may be problem

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post

Damn straight ! Couldnt have put it better .

And for the record i did attend matches throughout the 80s ,and remember cracking atmospheres generated by the Loft ,and the Paddock for many pedestrian league matches with 10.000 odd crowds ,and as for the big clubs and trouble matches the atmosphere was electric ( and with the help of the "chaps" in whats now X Block , but the less said about that the better ! )
                    As you said give me Loftus Road rocking before a half full modern bowl any day ,and i`ll swallow the grazed knees with pleasure .
                    Of course there were some matches with under 10,000 which had great atmospheres but if you're coming on here to say that every match always had a great atmosphere.... Same as today, some matches have a great atmosphere, others don't.

Comment

Of course there were some matches with under 10,000 which had great atmospheres but if you're coming on here to say that every match always had a great atmosphere.... Same as today, some matches have a great atmosphere, others don't.
                      I did say " many " and not " every " in my post .
                      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Working...
                      X