Only trouble with winning pre season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    It's just such a pity our good young players have only 12 months left on their contact, the unknown 2nd division German player was given a 3 year contract but Eze and Smyth situation remains unresolved, this has to be sorted asap
    And maybe it is being sorted out mate. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, do we?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
      It's just such a pity our good young players have only 12 months left on their contact, the unknown 2nd division German player was given a 3 year contract but Eze and Smyth situation remains unresolved, this has to be sorted asap
      Yes you're right on it about extending the young players deals but these are their original deals , now we have found ourselves in the fortunate position that we have these good young players that need their contracts extending at once , we're in this sweat because we have singed the likes of Gladwin and other young players on contracts beyond their value , you are being unfair on using the German second div player being given a 3 year deal as a comparison tho buddy

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Not sure if you mean these two Jef but I wouldn't bank on T F having a clue about what strengths or weaknesses we might have and like wise wether Hoos has a clue about footballers strengths after that shyte he came out with that the club budgeted for a higher finish than what we got , with what we had last August
        ​​
        He’s right though isn’t he! The squad we had was more than capable of a top ten finish, the fact was that the team formation and tactics wasn’t correct until 2 thirds of the season hoax gone

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post

He’s right though isn’t he! The squad we had was more than capable of a top ten finish, the fact was that the team formation and tactics wasn’t correct until 2 thirds of the season hoax gone
          Nah buddy I'm not having that I think we the fans that attending the games weren't happy back in august with the state of the forward line meant we wasn't going to score goals so we were always going to be hovering over the drop , Holloway's formations wasn't good but he was trying to play the awful 3 at the back to give him the extra man in midfield to try not to loose , was you happy with the lack of fire power back in august ?? For Hoos to think he had budgeted for a higher position in may shows just how little he knows about football he might be a very good business man but that's what he should stick to

Comment

Oh just seen on facebook some sort of showing what the champion final table will look like , showing us staying up by 2 point

Comment

Nah buddy I'm not having that I think we the fans that attending the games weren't happy back in august with the state of the forward line meant we wasn't going to score goals so we were always going to be hovering over the drop , Holloway's formations wasn't good but he was trying to play the awful 3 at the back to give him the extra man in midfield to try not to loose , was you happy with the lack of fire power back in august ?? For Hoos to think he had budgeted for a higher position in may shows just how little he knows about football he might be a very good business man but that's what he should stick to
              Well we’ll have to agree to disagree! As for we the fans attending quote, I’ve had a season ticket for the last 23 years so please don’t assume people who disagree with your view do not attend games

Comment

we've looked ok so far in preseason but defo need a few new players which i'm sure the club are looking at, tony's part 2 interview touches on that a bit. we looked good at times yesterday but still leave too much space at the back. if we could sign another good cb and a decent striker we'll be fine

Comment

Ain't being funny mate, but picking up a decent goal scorer on the operating budget that we have is a pretty difficult task. Plus, we had 2 decent goal scorers in the squad in Matt Smith and Idrisa Sylla.

I agree with Artful. Last seasons squad utilised correctly could easily have finished in the top half of the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post

Well we’ll have to agree to disagree! As for we the fans attending quote, I’ve had a season ticket for the last 23 years so please don’t assume people who disagree with your view do not attend games
                    Sorry if you took it that way but in answer to that your bang out of order to sugest that there was no intention of having a Jib at anyone it's just that every body I spoke to at the start of last season had very low expectations due to the lack of fire powers we had up front ,

Comment

Sorry if you took it that way but in answer to that your bang out of order to sugest that there was no intention of having a Jib at anyone it's just that every body I spoke to at the start of last season had very low expectations due to the lack of fire powers we had up front ,

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Ain't being funny mate, but picking up a decent goal scorer on the operating budget that we have is a pretty difficult task. Plus, we had 2 decent goal scorers in the squad in Matt Smith and Idrisa Sylla.

I agree with Artful. Last seasons squad utilised correctly could easily have finished in the top half of the table.
                        Buddy thats not the point that we can't afford decent goal scorer , as for having 2 decent scorers is imo way off the mark , where we finished is where good enough to finish with the help of the young players who again imo were introduced at the right time asking them to play a full season would very lightly have done more harm than good , but getting back to the point Hoos statement that they budgeted to finish higher than we did shows his ignorance on playing matters coupled with he was only talking about 3/4 places ,

Comment

Buddy thats not the point that we can't afford decent goal scorer , as for having 2 decent scorers is imo way off the mark , where we finished is where good enough to finish with the help of the young players who again imo were introduced at the right time asking them to play a full season would very lightly have done more harm than good , but getting back to the point Hoos statement that they budgeted to finish higher than we shows his ignorance on playing matters coupled with he was only talking about 3/4 places ,
                          Agree to disagree mate.

I personally think that Hoos knows exactly what he is doing, and is doing a good job. For the first time in a very long time, I actually really like the look of the set-up behind the scenes at the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                            is that it deluded the board into believing that the squad is strong enough, which it isn’t, in my opinion!
                            Don't worry. Back to normal against Hoffenheim
                            ​​

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post

Don't worry. Back to normal against Hoffenheim
                              ​​
                              Meaning?

Hoffenheim finished 3rd in the Bundesliga last year above the likes of Dortmund and qualified for the Champions League. What are you expecting? Do well to hold them to 3 or 4 in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Agree to disagree mate.

I personally think that Hoos knows exactly what he is doing, and is doing a good job. For the first time in a very long time, I actually really like the look of the set-up behind the scenes at the club.
                                Of course it's about agreeing to disagree ! I'm not questioning Hoos business acumen the financial running of the club must far more sensible than it's been for 6 years , but we are what we are a club in shlt street , so he should keep away from making stupid quotes like he did ,that side that started last season was expected to Finnish where they did by an overwhelming amount of the more knowledged people on playing matters the paying fans

Comment

Working...
                                X