What do we need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Not sure about that Dave but wouldn't bet on us either way ! The league going to be tougher than for a long while , we was half way to being a decent side back in may so our chances depend on who comes in I don't think the departures will harm us apart from smithies
    Agree mate. I am well miffed about Smithies. I would've kept him no matter what. He was imo worth 15 to 20 pts.
    I'm not saying we will go down either btw, I'm really hoping there are 3 worst than us.
    I'm just hoping these young guns we have take the league completely by surprise and be consistent, or fairly consistent.
    As you say tougher league this season, hoping for mid table or 16th again

Comment

The Chris Martin deal to go through, an extra centre back, and a back up for Furlong is what I want at this stage.
      Last edited by Shania; 13-07-2018, 10:27 AM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

What do we need= keep our best players ,but that's too late as best goalie in the league gone for peanuts ,some money spent on a decent striker and a CB

Comment

Divine intervention.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
            What do we need= keep our best players ,but that's too late as best goalie in the league gone for peanuts ,some money spent on a decent striker and a CB
            We couldn`t keep him. Wasn`t that the case?

QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Improvement on the defenders currently at the club. We can get by for another season with the midfielders and strikers already here, but the backline is relegation material as it stands.

Comment

Not sure about that Dave but wouldn't bet on us either way ! The league going to be tougher than for a long while , we was half way to being a decent side back in may so our chances depend on who comes in I don't think the departures will harm us apart from smithies
                didn't a lot of people say that around this time, last year?

i genuinely have no idea how next season will pan out in general (bookies don't seem to have much of one either), but unless we sort out a decent backline we're giving ourselves a big job to do.

Comment

We definitely need to get someone in to score goals. That's been our main problem for years. We've not had anyone scoring regular enough to combat what we let in the other end. Either Washington needs to come good or we need to find a player that will. I think it'll be hard to rely so much on the kids doing it all season long although we could be surprised. Smith will always pop up with 8/10 a season and Sylla is also unknown like Washington as he'll have one good game and 3 bad. The midfield need to contribute more goals too. That truly is where we've been lacking for years. Oh to have a young Lampard type come through or bought from somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                    We definitely need to get someone in to score goals. That's been our main problem for years. We've not had anyone scoring regular enough to combat what we let in the other end. Either Washington needs to come good or we need to find a player that will. I think it'll be hard to rely so much on the kids doing it all season long although we could be surprised. Smith will always pop up with 8/10 a season and Sylla is also unknown like Washington as he'll have one good game and 3 bad. The midfield need to contribute more goals too. That truly is where we've been lacking for years. Oh to have a young Lampard type come through or bought from somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                      Washington tends to play too far to the left. Im hoping that Smyth will get that role allowing Washington to be a fox in the box and play off Smith. SM will hopefully have a different use for him and place more central to benefit from wide balls coming in and knock downs.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Washington tends to play too far to the left. Im hoping that Smyth will get that role allowing Washington to be a fox in the box and play off Smith. SM will hopefully have a different use for him and place more central to benefit from wide balls coming in and knock downs.
                        Think Smyth's your man for that role buddy

Comment

Think Smyth's your man for that role buddy
                          I hoping that Smyth, Smith and Washington can play in the same team. But suspect Washington will have competition for that nos 10 type role off Smith. I think, or should I say hope, that Washington can get ten goals playing more central. Really not sure about Sylla and am looking to see what we do with him.

Comment

I hoping that Smyth, Smith and Washington can play in the same team. But suspect Washington will have competition for that nos 10 type role off Smith. I think, or should I say hope, that Washington can get ten goals playing more central. Really not sure about Sylla and am looking to see what we do with him.
                            Dunno about you but I think Smyth could. Come up with 10 plus playing off big smudger

Comment

Dunno about you but I think Smyth could. Come up with 10 plus playing off big smudger
                              Possibly, but too small in my opinion and got knocked about when I saw play centrally - Norwich game? I think he would be more effective out wide and providing quality assists into the box for others.

Comment

Possibly, but too small in my opinion and got knocked about when I saw play centrally - Norwich game? I think he would be more effective out wide and providing quality assists into the box for others.
                                Small but big on spirit mucker ! And that lack of size could earn penalties

Comment

Working...
                                X