What do we need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    They need to just pay the Farking fine and get on with the job. The club is fared because of their past ineptitude, time for them to face the consequences instead of showing the fl what good little people they are by starving the club
    paying the fine won't mean we can suddenly splash the cash. i like our new transfer policy and we've picked up better players through penny pinching and smart signings than we did by throwing the cash about. ben gladwin was a flop but not a costly one whereas caulker was. freeman and smith for example cost us under a million combined and both have more than paid us back, we could sell either one and make a good profit.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

paying the fine won't mean we can suddenly splash the cash. i like our new transfer policy and we've picked up better players through penny pinching and smart signings than we did by throwing the cash about. ben gladwin was a flop but not a costly one whereas caulker was. freeman and smith for example cost us under a million combined and both have more than paid us back, we could sell either one and make a good profit.
      Gladwin was not a player we were bothered about. Swindon wanted £3.5m for Mass but threw in Gladwin to split the transfer fee between two players. This reduced the fee for Mass in real terms so Swindon had less of a percentage to pay Spurs. Gladwin was always a see how it goes type of signing....

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Gladwin was not a player we were bothered about. Swindon wanted £3.5m for Mass but threw in Gladwin to split the transfer fee between two players. This reduced the fee for Mass in real terms so Swindon had less of a percentage to pay Spurs. Gladwin was always a see how it goes type of signing....
        fair point on gladwin but theres still ariel, polter and yeni who we didn't spend big bucks on and were relative flops but made a profit on at least one of them. we didn't really lose a whole lot of money on them either compared to other big flops

Comment

How anybody can say QPR took part in a deal to shaft Spurs over is beyond me I've said many times on here no other football club has come no where near to treat us as well as Spurs has , also Tony Fernandez is many things but one thing is NOT IS DISHONOURABLE , those two deals from Swindon where what the players were deemed to be worth one failed .
          ​​​​​ one was just so so untill last season .and none of our transfers during that period can be called outstanding Smithies apart , the quality of signing over the last 18 months tell that as a true picture of our dealing since religated is

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

How anybody can say QPR took part in a deal to shaft Spurs over is beyond me I've said many times on here no other football club has come no where near to treat us as well as Spurs has , also Tony Fernandez is many things but one thing is NOT IS DISHONOURABLE , those two deals from Swindon where what the players were deemed to be worth one failed .
            ​​​​​ one was just so so untill last season .and none of our transfers during that period can be called outstanding Smithies apart , the quality of signing over the last 18 months tell that as a true picture of our dealing since religated is
            That came from multiple Swindon Town season ticket holders. I live in Swindon and their fans couldn't stop laughing when we signed Gladwin. Most thought he was more likely to sign for a non-league side.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

Therapy

Comment

EFL have asked a question on twitter, who will be champs who will TOP 6 and who relegated.

We er are not being mentioned for the first two categories, but I reckon about 20 out of 200 odd
                think we;ll be a lge 1 side

Comment

That came from multiple Swindon Town season ticket holders. I live in Swindon and their fans couldn't stop laughing when we signed Gladwin. Most thought he was more likely to sign for a non-league side.
                  I recall at the time a lot of Swindon fans were saying he was a good player for them though he didn't look a good player ! The same Swindon fans that said Luongo wasn't the finished article and that took two seasons come good , but tell me mate can you honestly see QPR with past dealings with spurs , and Tony Fernandez being part of turning spurs over ?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    EFL have asked a question on twitter, who will be champs who will TOP 6 and who relegated.

We er are not being mentioned for the first two categories, but I reckon about 20 out of 200 odd
                    think we;ll be a lge 1 side
                    Not sure about that Dave but wouldn't bet on us either way ! The league going to be tougher than for a long while , we was half way to being a decent side back in may so our chances depend on who comes in I don't think the departures will harm us apart from smithies

Comment

I recall at the time a lot of Swindon fans were saying he was a good player for them though he didn't look a good player ! The same Swindon fans that said Luongo wasn't the finished article and that took two seasons come good , but tell me mate can you honestly see QPR with past dealings with spurs , and Tony Fernandez being part of turning spurs over ?
                      I have no idea what was discussed. It is a rumour that to buy Mass we had to buy Gladwin too, who was young enough to be regarded as a prospect. They came as a pair.

Comment

The four CBs I quoted aren't kids and neither are to two to cover. Only weakness would be young FBs and that only applies to Kakay and Hamallinein who won't get used unless disasters strike00
                        No they aren't, but two of them are prone to injuries, Lynch missed a lot of last season and Hall was out for all but the occasional game. If they continue to be so, then QPR will fall short.

Perhaps the younger players will be thrown in and hope they perform well.

Comment

We did take the two of them ! But look at it this way Warnock would never have got us up without Spurs help Adel T , Kyle walker , then when we was fighting to stay up adros Townsend and a very good full back Cotta something that went into a sulk Tommy Carrol , come on buddy would we really stiff spurs after that sort of help it's got to an unfounded rumour

Comment

We did take the two of them ! But look at it this way Warnock would never have got us up without Spurs help Adel T , Kyle walker , then when we was fighting to stay up adros Townsend and a very good full back Cotta something that went into a sulk Tommy Carrol , come on buddy would we really stiff spurs after that sort of help it's got to an unfounded rumour
                            i agree with you. i just cannot see QPR doing that to Spurs.

Comment

They were sold as a pair and the motivations for doing this rest with Swindon not us.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/s...to_QPR_could_/

Comment

They were sold as a pair and the motivations for doing this rest with Swindon not us.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/s...to_QPR_could_/

Still not having any of it buddy !! Like I said T F has his faults but DISHONOURABLE isn't one of them , plus you don't shaft Daniel levy unless you are a complete mug , and we have still been taking players from spurs since their deals

Comment

Working...
                                X