What do we need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do we need?

The general consensus seems to be one CB and a CF.

Do we really need another CB to add to the wages for the next 2-3 years? We already have Leinster, Lynch, Baptiste, Hall and can slot in Bidwell or Furlong if there are injuries. I think we'll start as we are unless another Leinster deal comes and we can sell another defender. We could also try for a short term loan or the Jan transfer window if needed. We have cover at FBs if they need to cover with Kakay, Hamminalian, Manning and Wosleck. I think we're done on CBs.

I think we'll only get one CF unless we can shift Washy/Sylla

Start as we are will guarantee early struggle. Kids will be eaten alive.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
      The four CBs I quoted aren't kids and neither are to two to cover. Only weakness would be young FBs and that only applies to Kakay and Hamallinein who won't get used unless disasters strike00

Comment

Yes, eaten alive like they were at the end of last season eh?
        #appropriateusername

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          The general consensus seems to be one CB and a CF.

Do we really need another CB to add to the wages for the next 2-3 years? We already have Leinster, Lynch, Baptiste, Hall and can slot in Bidwell or Furlong if there are injuries. I think we'll start as we are unless another Leinster deal comes and we can sell another defender. We could also try for a short term loan or the Jan transfer window if needed. We have cover at FBs if they need to cover with Kakay, Hamminalian, Manning and Wosleck. I think we're done on CBs.

I think we'll only get one CF unless we can shift Washy/Sylla
          i think we need cbs - leistner arrival is positive, but he is unproven in english leagues and will need a bit of time to settle. hall is injury prone (still not fit enough to do pre-season games), baptiste was outstanding at various points last season, but can't be expected to play week-in/week-out, lynch never seems to manage too many games in a row before picking up a knock.

bottom line is, after a season where we were short of central defenders at various points, we've lost 2 more-or-less first choice cbs and replaced them with one arrival. moreover, a poor defence cost us last season - if you can't keep a clean sheet (and we couldn't despite having, ahem, 'the best goalkeeper in the division'), then you need to score at least one to get a point (and at least two to win). when mclaren was last here, we won quite a few games 1-0, i'd be quite happy if we started doing that again...

Comment

What we need is more comon sense from the top instead of bullshti ! And an owner that will stop listening to and stop trying to be a fans buddy and have the b+ll+cks to tell them that he and the rest of the board arnt here to be liked they are in charge so lump it

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Yes, eaten alive like they were at the end of last season eh?
              #appropriateusername
              In My opinion it is a much tougher division this season and most teams have strengthened. As of yet we haven't and in my opinion, at the moment, we are weaker. 2 or 3 championship standard players urgently required.

Comment

We need a centre half, hopefully a striker on loan and we need to tie down some of the youngsters to long term deals. That’s it.

Comment

Sympathy

Comment

In My opinion it is a much tougher division this season and most teams have strengthened. As of yet we haven't and in my opinion, at the moment, we are weaker. 2 or 3 championship standard players urgently required.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      Sympathy
                      Therapy
                      "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

They need to just pay the Farking fine and get on with the job. The club is fared because of their past ineptitude, time for them to face the consequences instead of showing the fl what good little people they are by starving the club
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          They need to just pay the Farking fine and get on with the job. The club is fared because of their past ineptitude, time for them to face the consequences instead of showing the fl what good little people they are by starving the club
                          Paying the fine won't change our current predicament with FFP.

Comment

Couple of points there Hitsy easy to say when it ain't your money plus are they willing to invest that sort of money in the club anymore ? And if the club was clear of debts how Confident are you that the club wouldn't revert back to rest home for big time Charlie's again ?

Comment

Clueless.

Comment

Working...
                              X