X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

For what reason exactly,because you (still)think the manager will be given the funds??!!,smithies was sold and nothing has been spent yet,we have to move away from that train of taught ,sell a player to fund new players,because that doesn't happen here at this club any more
    The manager has been given funds since the Smithies sale. We have signed a free transfer at a cost of agent fees and a signing on fee. That free transfer probably cost us £300k up front. I think there will be more sales, but I don't think all the money will be used for signings and have never said this. Due to the drop in sky money I think most of the money will be used to subsidise the drop in income. There may be a few £1m signings but can't see much more than this even if we sell Mass for £5m. We have so many youngsters to slot in the side and we keep signing more 20 year olds, who again will be given signing on fees and Agents. I can see that machine running and will be surprised to see Eze and Smyth with us for 19/20 season, at which point sky money would have stopped. We will only get frees, players with one year left on their deals and sign up releases youngsters

Leave a comment:

• Rebel R's
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    Les is DoF but would guess the manager has input and Tone due to budgets. Lots of nonsense talked about contracts and blaming the club if a player let's his contract run down. You can't force a player to sign and if there are no buyers during the transfer window he goes for free. We could have sold Austin but decided to keep him to try for a promotion push and then the club is blamed for not cashing in with the benefit of hindsight. On that basis let's sell Smyth and Eze now and get the cash in......
    For what reason exactly,because you (still)think the manager will be given the funds??!!,smithies was sold and nothing has been spent yet,we have to move away from that train of taught ,sell a player to fund new players,because that doesn't happen here at this club any more

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Unfortunately this is the nature of operating under budgetary constraints. Long term contracts are less appealing to those that monitor the purse strings. They cost too much to get out of if a player loses form, struggles with injuries or does a Caulker and farks off on the lash for 2 years.

Look at any club with financial problems. Mainly 1 and 2 year deals. 3 years absolute maximum.
    I agree Tarbs. I don't think Hits understands the predicament we are in and that it takes time to work these things through. I've yet to see him start a thread with anything positive to say.

Leave a comment:

• Awin
    replied
    I personally think squad is still bloated in midfield. Goss, Luongo, Scowen, Manning, Freeman, Chair & Cousins all fighting for CM.

i also would not want to block the path to the first team with potentially extra fringe players.

I would like to see us sell Washington and Sylla and buy a striker and one more central defender.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Unfortunately this is the nature of operating under budgetary constraints. Long term contracts are less appealing to those that monitor the purse strings. They cost too much to get out of if a player loses form, struggles with injuries or does a Caulker and farks off on the lash for 2 years.

Look at any club with financial problems. Mainly 1 and 2 year deals. 3 years absolute maximum.

Leave a comment:

• norfolk ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Undecided View Post

I can anticipate the answers to this before I post it, but do you not think the powers that be haven't twigged to this already?
    what Hits said.

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    Originally posted by Undecided View Post

I can anticipate the answers to this before I post it, but do you not think the powers that be haven't twigged to this already?
    Of course they know.

What i want to know is why this has not been addressed.

Contract offers for Ned and Robinson were announced by the club and third party media.... both players declined.

With no comment from the club, it is highly doubtful that any contracts have as yet been offered to the next crop.

Most likely, the person in charge of this will wait til january when it will be too little, to late for some of our promising players.

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
    The club goes on about this new ethos of producing players and then selling them at a profit but they don't tie down the players on contracts to be able to get full value if we sell. can see it now that Eze will go n we will get fark all for him.

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Originally posted by The General View Post
    Everyone else is strengthening their squads apart from us again Tony get your farking finger out mate or its mini league again next season.
    Is Tony completely full of shitt I'm really starting to think this now years and years of complete ######## brainwashing the fans into believing .
    We have to be a candidate for the mini league whatever. BFG was brought in under the radar, who knows what other news is bubbling up under the surface?

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    Les is DoF but would guess the manager has input and Tone due to budgets. Lots of nonsense talked about contracts and blaming the club if a player let's his contract run down. You can't force a player to sign and if there are no buyers during the transfer window he goes for free. We could have sold Austin but decided to keep him to try for a promotion push and then the club is blamed for not cashing in with the benefit of hindsight. On that basis let's sell Smyth and Eze now and get the cash in......
    Damned if you do. Damned if you don't

Leave a comment:

• norfolk ranger
    replied
    The club goes on about this new ethos of producing players and then selling them at a profit but they don't tie down the players on contracts to be able to get full value if we sell. can see it now that Eze will go n we will get fark all for him.

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    Would loike to know who is responsible for reviewing and offering new contracts to the players.

we have upto 11 players now entering the last year of their contracts.

surely, as a club, we need to be proactive and tie these kids down to longer term deals and not allow their contracts to run down.

The past ineptitude of allowing austin to go so cheaply and to watch robinson run down his last year should surely focus minds at the club.

Now we find the likes of eze, oteh and woslek, along with others walking into this coming season with only a few months left on their contracts.

Who the fark is responsible for this nonsense?
    Ask them.

Leave a comment:

• The General
    replied
    Everyone else is strengthening their squads apart from us again Tony get your farking finger out mate or its mini league again next season.
    Is Tony completely full of shitt I'm really starting to think this now years and years of complete ######## brainwashing the fans into believing .

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The General
    replied
    Tony said that it would be a very busy summer window ...Havny seen much activity yet have we

Norwuch just signed their 6th player Stoke also signed many players

Tony are you still there send us a tweet please. Lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X