No announcement yet.

England winning WC or QPR Winning FA Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QPR winning the FA cup over promotion any day . Cant beleive that anyone would put promotion over us actually winning something.
    But England winning the World Cup would top all of that for me .

Croydon during yesterdays game....

Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Promotion is worth +£100 million these days. FA Cup is worth....well, it should be called the sweet FA cup.

Club over country every time for me, whether it's promotion, cup or just an away game at the Scum. At least that's true as long as I don't actually have to make a meaningful choice.
      "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
        QPR winning the FA cup over promotion any day . Cant beleive that anyone would put promotion over us actually winning something.
        But England winning the World Cup would top all of that for me .

Croydon during yesterdays game....
        Promo is winning vesps, i want a go Chelsea Man U etc again

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
          Promotion is worth +£100 million these days. FA Cup is worth....well, it should be called the sweet FA cup.

Club over country every time for me, whether it's promotion, cup or just an away game at the Scum. At least that's true as long as I don't actually have to make a meaningful choice.
          It’s really tragic how some modern day fans think like this.
          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
          Will Danaher

Comment

It's not the modern fan, it's the modern game. When I was younger the FA cup was about the ultimate prize. It just isn't any more because football is so much more like a business than a game these days. Football has moved on and so have I. Like I said, this is purely a hypothetical and there is no need for me or anyone else to actually make this choice - the two things are not mutually exclusive.

I know that if little ole QPR were to gain promotion then they would benefit far more than if they won a cup trophy*. And it's the future of my club that is closest to my heart and so the "choice" is easy.

Edit - * provided the benefit is not just p155ed up against the wall like last time....
            "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

England winning the world cup is on a totally different level and isn't even a debate. For that to even happen in my lifetime would be a huge blessing
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I would be in a mood for a lot longer if QPR lost the FA Cup final than if England lost the World Cup Final so for that reason alone it is club all the way for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  I would be in a mood for a lot longer if QPR lost the FA Cup final than if England lost the World Cup Final so for that reason alone it is club all the way for me.
                  i suppose thats a fair point, but in tbe same breath england winning the world cup would be a bigger high than qpr winning the fa cup for me. maybe its just coz england can almost taste the world cup right now and coz the world cup is the biggest achievement in all of sports and that the fa cup is more of a side quest now rather than a massive competition.

my earliest world cup memory is 1998 when we went out to argentina, i was 5 years old and watched it down the pub with my dad. the place was so packed that i had to sit ontop of a fruit machine with my j2o to watch the game and to escape the cigarette smoke and bustling guys everywhere. i can remember when we scored and the whole pub just exploading everytime and everyone getting mad when becks was sent off and then everyone including myself crying when we lost. it was a huge deal for me back then and each world cup after was the same with the exception of the last one in brazil were i didn't even care what happened really. gareth has restored faith and hope back into the england side which is something we've missed for 10+++ years easily.
                  winning the world cup would be an absolute dream, i've dreamt of us winning it for as long as i can remember, its the only time that what club you support doesn't matter as we're all in the same camp and all want the same thing. we've been fantastic so far and i so badly want us to win the whole thing, i want to experience that united high of happiness that every englishman experienced in 1966 at least once in my life. at this stage that'd mean more to me than qpr winning a cup

Comment

Win the FA Cup ? After 20 odd years of hurt in all cups, I'd probably take just seeing the 5th round as something magical for QPR !!

Comment

this is my 50th year of watching qpr, never missed a season as a paying customer.never go and watch England now.
                      so after spending a couple of grand a season watching the r's I know where i'd like to be, as much as I love England.
                      in my life time I've seen England win the world cup, but never qpr the fa cup...……..QPR AT WEMBLEY.

Comment

Ordinarily, Club over Country, BUT as we’ve only won 4 FA Cup games in 21/22 years (ALL Replays !) and England are just 2 wins away...... England.

But I reserve the right to change my mind in the 2nd week of January ‘19 !!!!!

Winning the Championship 6/7 years ago and winning at Wembley v Derby both take some beating and I’d love to experience either again, so why can’t I want BOTH ? Club AND Country.....

Comment

QPR over England for me.

Then again it’s a bit easy seeing as I’m an Aussie haha
                          Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

I don't think anything to do with England would beat QPR beating Chelsea in the FA Cup final for me...

Comment

QPR all day long

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                                QPR all day long
                                If you think it's a bit quiet tomorrow between 7pm and 9pm, it's not your imagination!

Comment

Working...
                                X