No announcement yet.

England winning WC or QPR Winning FA Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've worked something out that might be interesting and based on past history it's guaranteed to happen .... england last won the world cup in 1966, beating a european team in the final. qpr last won a cup in 1967 as the 1st 3rd division side to win a major trophy in england. given now that we've upgraded in leagues compared to 50 years ago surely our next cup would be an upgrade too? england are guaranteed to face a european in the final should they reach it just like 1966. based on what i've said, if england do win the world cup then qpr will win a cup, and due to our higher league status we will win a higher tiered cup as well. makes sense really ...

Comment

Rangers all day long for me

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

But would you want to win it
        If it was rangers getting promotion yes any day of the week !! Winning the cup nah not as important as winning a 3 point league game

Comment

But would you want to win it
          I'm QPR all the way West, and if it were to get promoted I'd say QPR.
          But for the FA cup?.......I'd go England WC

Comment

Not digging anyone as totally respect everyone’s views but reckon that’s shows just how far FA Cup had fallen. It’s only slightly above league cup now if were honest

Comment

this would always be England for me even before recent weeks events.
              Last edited by CroydonCaptainJack; 07-07-2018, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Not digging anyone as totally respect everyone’s views but reckon that’s shows just how far FA Cup had fallen. It’s only slightly above league cup now if were honest
                Shame isn't it........Put a champs league place to the winner, and it would be serious cup again

Comment

I asked the a similar question sometime ago, I think it was QPR win the PL or England win the world cup...I think some opinions have changed, might be the hot weather
                  ​​​

Comment

I’m a big England fan. I saw England in Italy in 1980 , in Switzerland in 1981 and in France 98 . However QPR is more personal and England is a bonus but they are not mutually exclusive so I want BOTH ⚽️

Comment

The FA Cup is still important - and I always point out to those who say it isn't that we've only had 2 winners from outside the top sides in the last 20 years - and I would love us to win it but winning the World Cup is more important to the Nation and in the grand schemes of things.

52 years after our first World Cup win people can still recite the entire XI, there has been an industry in literature built around the success, there has been films and documentaries and it still makes the nation proud. If we had won the FA Cup in '82 we'd still be proud but would still be more prouder that England won the World Cup in' 66.

Comment

Qpr being promoted or England winning the world cup: promotion for me (just). Qpr winning the FA Cup or England winning world cup: England winning world cup by a long way. Qpr doing a Leicester and winning the Premiership: stuff England I wouldn't care, Rs winning Premier League by a million miles.

Comment

I was in Waterville Co.Kerry for the 1966 Final,in a hotel lounge surrounded by a load of Germans - that was sweeeeet!The consequences of the win sparked a definite feel good factor,we had Swingin' London,Hendrix came over,and a year later we won the League Cup and promotion.The old place was well alive.I'd like to see something like that happen again - of course The Lefties wouldn't,especially that nasty piece of excrement Kevin Maguire off The Mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                            I asked the a similar question sometime ago, I think it was QPR win the PL or England win the world cup...I think some opinions have changed, might be the hot weather
                            ​​​
                            No Joe nothing to do with the weather winning the premier or just getting promoted are massive over the fa cup ?, how many games does it take to win the cup , ?how many QPR fans would rather 3 points in the league for every game it takes to win it ,

Comment

Not had the same buzz this time as Euro 96 and Italia 90 and maybe thats down to age or that I went to a few games back then. Think we have a great chance of making the final and then see who we get. Croatia are an ageing team and two games on penalties will make us fresher which could be the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                                Qpr being promoted or England winning the world cup: promotion for me (just). Qpr winning the FA Cup or England winning world cup: England winning world cup by a long way. Qpr doing a Leicester and winning the Premiership: stuff England I wouldn't care, Rs winning Premier League by a million miles.

Comment

Working...
                                X