Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldR View Post

Sorry, I totally disagree

He was given a favour by the club and played no football in Russia. Zero.

He's not a Rangers legend and certainly not bigger than the club so he should get back to training with the rest of the squad.
    Disagree all you want but the fact of the matter is he was still training while out there. And what exactly does him not being a rangers legend have to do with anything? Some of you lot are obsessed with the clubs decision months back.

I'm sure he'll be back sooner than he would've been had he not that break pre-tournament.

Comment

Deserves a few weeks off imo. He may not have played out there but would have been fully prepared and trained hard to do so if needed. Be good for him now to have a little time away.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

Sorry, I totally disagree

He was given a favour by the club and played no football in Russia. Zero.

He's not a Rangers legend and certainly not bigger than the club so he should get back to training with the rest of the squad.
        You mean he played no matches whatsoever. He was still training daily. His season essentially never ended. If he comes back too soon it could be awful for his long term fitness. There are sports scientists and fitness coaches making scientific decisions about this, they're not doing him any favours.

Comment

Originally posted by Padula's Shampoo View Post

You mean he played no matches whatsoever. He was still training daily. His season essentially never ended. If he comes back too soon it could be awful for his long term fitness. There are sports scientists and fitness coaches making scientific decisions about this, they're not doing him any favours.

I think it’s easy to make the mistake you’ve made there and focus on the physical side of things only. When managing people and trying to get the best out of the them it’s crucial to get the mental side right.

Would be a foolish way of looking at it in my opinion to class sitting around a hotel in Russia with a bunch of people he wouldn’t choose to spend his time with as holiday. He is from the other side of the world. Give the guy a break. I trust and would guess the club also trust him as a pro to stay in shape and use a well deserved bit of family time to come back fresh and ready to perform for the new season

Smart thinking by club

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post
            Where is he? Given time off end of last season for World Cup, got no match minutes only splinters in his ar5e. I fully expected him to link up with squad in Portugal, or are they presuming he doesn’t need a pre season? Do we expect him to be in squad tomorrow?
            No. He's off

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post

No. He's off
              You heard something or are you just guessing?!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

You heard something or are you just guessing?!
                A flippant comment based on the the panic in artful's post

Comment

No panic on my part! Just seemed strange imo that we gave him weeks off before end of season and no play time in WC therefore expected him to have reported back

Comment

As long as he's fit and raring to go v. Preston!

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                      As long as he's fit and raring to go v. Preston!
                      Exactly. And he's at this moment in time probably fitter than any member of our squad. The players must get about 5 weeks off. Luongo hasn't had that yet. Give the guy a break.

Comment

Working...
                      X