Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bournemouth agree to pay their ffp fine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I support clubs position and would not give a penny until FL are sensible in what they are asking for.

As for Bournemouth not knowing they would breach rules I beg to differ. Getting two prem league players on loan on 30k a week to get them over line tells me they clearly did know the consequences but also potential reward for breaking rules. They rolled the dice and won

They're not plucky Bournemouth as some tried to make out!! They broke rules, knowingly, just like us, just like wolves, just like Leicester and just like Cardiff did

Comment

Wish we could pay 4.75 mil and be done with it. If we pay the fine or not though, we still have to play within FFP rules. Will we get a transfer embargo at some stage?

Comment

What made Bournemouth decide to pay up anyway, seeing as the are in the Premiership and beyond the clutches of the Football league?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          I support clubs position and would not give a penny until FL are sensible in what they are asking for.

As for Bournemouth not knowing they would breach rules I beg to differ. Getting two prem league players on loan on 30k a week to get them over line tells me they clearly did know the consequences but also potential reward for breaking rules. They rolled the dice and won

They're not plucky Bournemouth as some tried to make out!! They broke rules, knowingly, just like us, just like wolves, just like Leicester and just like Cardiff did
          And FFP should not be putting the future of a club at risk. It's not what it is was dreamed up for.
          If we don't have the owners we have, Administration would be here already

Comment

Would rather the whole thing was dealt with as the longer it goes on the longer we will be in limbo with a huge fine hanging over us. Fernandes has said the owners would pay so pay a fine and lets get on with it.

Comment

Maybe we broke the rules , maybe the owners say they will pay the fine if that's the case who can blame them for fighting it all way untill they have exhausted the very last breath out of it , easy for posters to say oh just pay it ! would they ??

Comment

Dogs. The problem with it not being paid is it will just keep hanging over us indefinitely which is counterproductive and will make any progress more difficult. If Bournemouth have negotiated a figure then maybe that should be our route too.

Comment

We,.. I have no doubt, have been negotiating a figure, But the League
                  aren't having it with us.
                  Again i think the league are happy to let it roll, because it keeps us in limbo.
                  It's bad scheme, it's badly managed, and imo a restraint of trade.
                  I wish someone somewhere would take this on like in the bosman case and get it
                  thrown in the dustbin
                  Last edited by QPRDave; 05-07-2018, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    Dogs. The problem with it not being paid is it will just keep hanging over us indefinitely which is counterproductive and will make any progress more difficult. If Bournemouth have negotiated a figure then maybe that should be our route too.
                    Would you pay it ?? And dont say yes what I gather it's an over inflated figure they are asking for , so come would you be mug enough to not fight all the way bear in mind the club was found guilty by a group of ex players whose counterparts are the main contagonists in our plight

Comment

I get your point Dogs and think we should offer a figure and see what the reaction is rather than fight the 40 or 60 million fine they have chucked at us. We as a club can then move forward and try to get us competitive on the pitch.

Comment

I get your point Dogs and think we should offer a figure and see what the reaction is rather than fight the 40 or 60 million fine they have chucked at us. We as a club can then move forward and try to get us competitive on the pitch.
                        But we are moving forward mate ok it might not be as fast as we might like but in some respects we are moving forward in a healthier way young playeres coming to here to play football and grabbing the opertunity with both hands rather than older more established players putting the pound note first , this in spite of the EFL and I bet it gets right up their noses even though publicly they will no doubt say yes we brought QPR into line what they are doing is down to us

Comment

So what would be a reasonable offer for us to make. I would say £15mil anything more then that see you in the next court room

Comment

40% of any fine is a reasonable based on the figure that we have been fined. I agree dogs fight it to a point but if we were miles over the figure then the 15 to 20 million mark would be what I would offer.

Comment

Would rather the whole thing was dealt with as the longer it goes on the longer we will be in limbo with a huge fine hanging over us. Fernandes has said the owners would pay so pay a fine and lets get on with it.
                              That's the thing, we all know that we are guilty and we have been told that we have no chance of winning the case and yet here we are, x amount of years later, and the future will only be hindered by our board's reluctance to concede they were in the wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                                We,.. I have no doubt, have been negotiating a figure, But the League
                                aren't having it with us.
                                Again i think the league are happy to let it roll, because it keeps us in limbo.
                                It's bad scheme, it's badly managed, and imo a restraint of trade.
                                I wish someone somewhere would take this on like in the bosman case and get it
                                thrown in the dustbin

It can't be taken to or beaten in a court of law.

The Bosman case, just as the Eastman case decades before , was about employee rights which football clubs ARE subjected to.

However, how the league operates in terms of its own rules and regulations is up to them to decide. It is, as I said earlier, a private members club in which all members must adhere to the rules of that membership.

That's what people have got to remember. Is FFP a flawed idea? Absolutely. Is our punishment over the top and unfair? Absolutely. Were we committed to abiding by the rules imposed by the Football League? Absolutely. Did we know what would happen to us? Absolutely.

Finally, what can we do about it? Absolutely nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X