Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bournemouth agree to pay their ffp fine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldR View Post

We could take the case to His Holiness Pope Francis and, guess what, we'll still be told to pay the amount we were fined. The amount we KNEW we'd have to pay, the amount we SIGNED up to pay when we signed the agreement.

And if you're looking for a shred of hope, this should make you change your mind: 'In reaching a settlement, the EFL acknowledges that the club did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the Rules or to deceive'...

It's time the board paid up and shut up.
    Old your talking ######## mate, we transgressed in the championship because we couldn't shift players from the prem.
    And not only that we are being "tried" if thats the right word on a ruling that even the fl thought was too draconian.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
      But why give up before you have to? I have no idea what the legal arguments are or how likely it is that we can reach a mutually agreeable solution but why not fight on? The fact that the rules have been changed since the original agreement is reason enough to contest the actual fine amount. As previously mentioned. the owners have already said that they will pay any fine so good luck to them I say.
      The decision was made by a democratic vote of clubs and all clubs subsequently agreed to the rules.

As for the newer laws, they're irrelevant and won't be considered. We were found guilty by the laws in place at the time and just as Ruth Ellis - and i know I am off on a huge tangent - can't be subsequently found guilty of diminished responsibilities manslaughter, we can't have our fine changed because of rules that were introduced at a later date.

Why give up now? Because we have been told that we have no case, have no leg to stand on and were laughed out of the appeal. The club needs to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
        Did we sign any agreement or did the league impose the rule on clubs. As for Bournemouth 'not making any attempt to infringe the rules' well they did and they are not stupid and must
        have known they did.
        As said above, all clubs agreed to the changes post democratic vote.

Comment

Well, instead about talking about it he should do it!
          Christ i must come round your house, i've got a bag of very special potatoes, yours
          for £25k....they're really special

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Christ i must come round your house, i've got a bag of very special potatoes, yours
            for £25k....they're really special
            What's that meant to mean?

Have a look at the facts:

* FACT: We agreed to rule changes
            * FACT: We broke rules despite the agreement we made
            * FACT: We knew the punishment which awaited us

* FACT: The board are ENTIRELY responsible for the FFP fine

* FACT: Fernandes has said he'll pay it.

He should stop the charade, pay the fine and shut up.

He knows we have no case.

Comment

I believe we do have a case Old
              I believe the FL think we have a case
              I believe our legal team think we have a case

The potato thing was my light hearted way of saying you must be absolutely bundled
              I you're all for paying way over more than we deserve to
              We didn't sign the players that put us over the ffp when were in the championship.
              And there in lies the massive hole in this ######## ruling.
              These players are so well protected by their union we can't shift em or cut their money
              or anything.
              The PFA happily watch employers go to the wall as long as their greedy members
              get their wedge

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                I believe we do have a case Old
                I believe the FL think we have a case
                I believe our legal team think we have a case

The potato thing was my light hearted way of saying you must be absolutely bundled
                I you're all for paying way over more than we deserve to
                We didn't sign the players that put us over the ffp when were in the championship.
                And there in lies the massive hole in this ######## ruling.
                These players are so well protected by their union we can't shift em or cut their money
                or anything.
                The PFA happily watch employers go to the wall as long as their greedy members
                get their wedge
                I wish we did have a case because I think think this will affect us for a decade, if not longer.

However, the appeal was laughed out and we were told that we knew the rules and we broke the rules despite an agreement to say we wouldn't.

Was the system fair or just? Absolutely not but we agreed to it and that is the crux. No court, and this isn't a criminal or civil case, of course, will take our side because they have a little bit of paper with our name on it saying we wouldn't break the rules and that we knew the punishment for doing so.

The Football League is a private members club effectively and the rules of this club must be adhered to if ratified by its members. We have no case, no argument and no chance of winning. The Football League know this too and are just letting us go through the motions of appeal(s). One day, and its not too far in the future, they will lose patience and we risk the FFP fine looking like the better deal.

Comment

The decision was made by a democratic vote of clubs and all clubs subsequently agreed to the rules.

As for the newer laws, they're irrelevant and won't be considered. We were found guilty by the laws in place at the time and just as Ruth Ellis - and i know I am off on a huge tangent - can't be subsequently found guilty of diminished responsibilities manslaughter, we can't have our fine changed because of rules that were introduced at a later date.

Why give up now? Because we have been told that we have no case, have no leg to stand on and were laughed out of the appeal. The club needs to move on.
                  If it's so clear cut, why aren't the EFL suing our asses for the money? Why haven't we been bombed out of the league? As Dave says, there are obviously more arguments to be made. And if I was subject to a fine of that size I'd do everything in my power to avoid it or reduce it. I'd obviously pay it if I absolutely had to, but only when all other avenues have been explored.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if an agreement of sorts had already been reached, based on our demonstrating that we can fall in line with FFP going forward.
                  "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

If it's so clear cut, why aren't the EFL suing our asses for the money? .
                    Because they are letting us go through the motions....

Have we struck a deal? Possibly, but it will be favourable to the FL, not us.

But the wording of the statement today regarding our case, suggests that the matter has been resolved and we lost.

Comment

OldR you may well be right but who knows.

Regarding us agreeing to the rules, I believe that the EFL FFP rules were originally agreed while we were in the Premiership, which has it's own FFP rules. That's where most of the problem is IMO. While in the Premier league, a club was allowed to lose far more than in the championship. If a PL club is relegated, they are suddenly subject to a more stringent set of rules but saddled with the same expenditure on players salaries and lower crowds/incomes. Yes, I know that's what parachute payments are there for and don't deny that we probably took the pi$$ but with a more than £100 million gap between the PL and Championship it doesn't go far.

Since our fine was levied, the EFL and PL rules have been aligned and the losses have been spread over 3 years, not one. Regardless of whether those are the rules we signed up to, there is a question of why those rules were changed - because the original rules were not fair?

In any event, I am sure that if we get promoted again, every player we sign will have a relegation clause in their contract!
                      "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

I sense OldR is on commission from The Football League on a no win no fee basis!

Comment

I hate these ffp debates, the fa t is we don't know the full picture regarding where the club is with appeals or trying to come to an agreement.
                          The club will not be settled until this is closed and the sooner the better so we can move on

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                            I sense OldR is on commission from The Football League on a no win no fee basis!
                            I also sense prosecution is his forte, not defence!

Comment

I find the sentence " The EFL accept that AFCB did not deliberately break FFP rules" a little strange.
                              Why is that relevant? Why give them a reduced fine because they didn't do it deliberately?
                              Neither did we btw, we didn't deliberately get relegated.
                              The only reason the FL are, imo pursuing us so hard, is because of the Faurlin fiasco.
                              Which is totally unfair, unprofessional, and Sean Harvey making it personal.
                              Bournemouth broke their rules playing in their competition, we fell foul because we couldn't offload players.
                              They have since changed these rules and softened them and the fines I believe, so why continue
                              to go after us under the old?......Because it's personal.
                              It would be like someone sentenced to hang, still being hanged after they abolished it,
                              because the person was charged and found guilty before the abolition.
                              Just wouldn't happen. So why should the FL be allowed to get away with this?

Comment

Are they paying it off at 3 quid a month like a junkie
                                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                                X