Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bournemouth agree to pay their ffp fine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldR View Post

Did you read the part where the FA say that they, Bournemouth, didn't try to make any attempt to infringe the rule... Well, we weren't so gentlemanly about it.

We were liars and are making fools of ourselves. There is no room for negotiation, there is no reprieve. We were found guilty because we were and we tried to cover it over too.
    We were judged to fall foul of the rules by a group of ex players would they have walked away ? had they been in the position as the players that hung on after we got religated the first time causing our expenditure to infringe the FFP rules in that play off win season , would they fark !! You may well be right technically mate but what's fair about FFP ?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

We were judged to fall foul of the rules by a group of ex players would they have walked away ? had they been in the position as the players that hung on after we got religated the first time causing our expenditure to infringe the FFP rules in that play off win season , would they fark !! You may well be right technically mate but what's fair about FFP ?
      Being fair or not doesn't come into it, sadly.

We signed the agreement, we knew the punishment, we broke the rules.

It's honestly that straight forward.

We are not the victims in this and if we hadn't signed the agreement we might have a slight case but we did and still went on to break the rules we agreed not to.

Comment

but it is our owners who made us skint and have given us a £40m fine which will either see us financially ruined, expelled from the league/division or banned from signing players other than freebies or youngsters for a number of years.

We need to put more pressure on the board to sort out the mess THEY created.

Even if they agree to pay £4m a year back over 10 years they need to act and stop trying to convince us that we are the aggrieved party and the victims in all this.
        Thought Fernandes had already said that the owners would pay the fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Thought Fernandes had already said that the owners would pay the fine.
          Well, instead about talking about it he should do it!

Comment

I’m not au fait with what happened prior to getting this assessment but my instinct would be never never never give up the fight, just handing over 40m would be suicidal

Comment

Originally posted by peterlund.dk View Post

Speculations were, the original fine was £7.6m:
              https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36189779

If that was indeed the case, then fines are negotiable and we should stick to our guns - disputing and challenging our fine size.
              it's more than speculation...

note 4 of bournemouth's 14-15 annual accounts deals with 'exceptional operating charges' and says the following:

"in 2015 the company incurred a penalty charge of £7,615,000 in accordance with the financial fair play rules of the football league"

iirc, it was widely (and it seems incorrectly) reported that bournemouth had paid up immediately (rather than just made a book entry for the fine). it's certainly interesting that they seem to have been able to negotiate a 37% discount.

(fwiw... our accounts have never made clear what our fine is, but it could very probably be large enough to put most football league clubs into administration.... which is a slight contradiction to the aims of the rules, which is why there are plenty of reasons to negotiate and very few to settle)

Comment

Bournemouth didn't try to cover it up and put their hands up.
                Bournemouth didn't kick up a massive fuss like us because they are earning sh*tloads a year in the zillionaire's playground...£7m is fck all to them.

Would have been a different story had they been relegated that first season I'd bet.

Comment

I believe what we are contesting is the size of the fine incurred, not refusing to pay a fine. I do believe we are the victims as we are being fined for something they went and changed the following year as it wasn't sustainable and needed changing. We are by far not the only team to break the rules but we sadly got relegated, had we stayed up as Leicester and Bournemouth have, we would have had a different scenario as per Bournemouth.

Comment

We are contesting two things;
                    • FFP is unlawful under competition law
                    • The size of our fine is disproportionate
                    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                      We are contesting two things;
                      • FFP is unlawful under competition law
                      • The size of our fine is disproportionate
                      And yet we signed an agreement confirming we agree with the implementation of the new rules and that we'd abide by them...

The Football League won't go away and we've been already told that we have no case to make and have less legs that Oscar Pistorious to stand on.

So what do we do? Do we admit we have broken rules we signed an agreement promising that we wouldn't break and, with tail between legs, pay the fine or, alternatively, #### off the Football League so much that we get kicked out of the division/league or are banned from buying players for a number of years.

When are people going to wake up and realise that there is no 'end game' and we can't win?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Bournemouth didn't kick up a massive fuss like us because they are earning sh*tloads a year in the zillionaire's playground...£7m is fck all to them.

Would have been a different story had they been relegated that first season I'd bet.
                        But hang on, weren't we the ones going to Stamford Bridge bragging how we were much richer than them and happily allowing the money men to ruin our club - and tarnish our history - for money quicker than a cheap Latvian prostitute?

When we suddenly became rich we had spent less than a quarter of our existence in the top flight and our average crowds averaged under 15,000. We spent well beyond our means to achieve 'the dream' but how many of our fans said 'this is ridiculous' or 'this needs to be reigned in'?

Comment

And how would you say the court case went?
                          I'll let you know when it's all finally resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

I'll let you know when it's all finally resolved.
                            And our defence is: Sorry your honour, we acknowledge that we signed an agreement, we acknowledge that we broke the agreement and we acknowledge that the fine sits within the parameters of the agreement?

And what court can we take it to next?

The longer this goes on the more it effects us as a club when it's our own fault we're in this mess anyway.

Comment

But why give up before you have to? I have no idea what the legal arguments are or how likely it is that we can reach a mutually agreeable solution but why not fight on? The fact that the rules have been changed since the original agreement is reason enough to contest the actual fine amount. As previously mentioned. the owners have already said that they will pay any fine so good luck to them I say.
                              "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Did we sign any agreement or did the league impose the rule on clubs. As for Bournemouth 'not making any attempt to infringe the rules' well they did and they are not stupid and must
                                have known they did.

Comment

Working...
                                X