Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bournemouth agree to pay their ffp fine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We as fans have limited insight into the negotiations. One thing they may discuss is if the owners are allowed to pay the fine in stead of the club. If owners are injecting more cash into the club in order for the club to pay, we will break the FFP rules yet again as far as I understand. If the club has to pay, without injection of new cash, we might have to sell the stadium or part with the entire senior squad. It is paramount for us that they find a compromise so we can move forward without having to part with all assets there are. I don't care if this drags out as long as they manage to agree that the owners are allowed to pay the fine, not the club.To give in on the issue is suicidal.

Comment

I don't really see what the rush is to pay anyway. It's not as if the threat of the fine is noticeably affecting anything currently. It's been dragging on so long it's largely forgotten about until something like today pops up, which didn't even involve us. It's not like we will suddenly be able to spend more once the fine is paid either.

I know it's not that easy for some but it's best just forgotten about until something develops. It's not as if we can actually do anything about it.
      "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

That's not logic at all. They were told under no uncertain terms that they signed up to the rules, acted in a manner they knew would result in the fine they received and the fine is fair and just. In short, they were laughed at for having the audacity to even take it that far.

They can't force us to pay the fine because it's not a criminal or civil case, but the Football League will start to lose their patience.soon and we will face expulsion at worse or a significant transfer embargo lasting for many, many years at best.

We need to pay up and shut up.
        What and when did the club sign up to the rules?

And given that the EFL acknowledged those rules were unworkable and unachievable so much so that they changed them the following season, it is totally unreasonable to fine QPR based on on those. I think that is what the club are contesting

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

What and when did the club sign up to the rules?

And given that the EFL acknowledged those rules were unworkable and unachievable so much so that they changed them the following season, it is totally unreasonable to fine QPR based on on those. I think that is what the club are contesting
          Agree with post. We did however vote in favour of FFP in championship TF is on record as saying that.

The sendible approach which I think would put us over a barrel would be to calculate fine under new arrangements as compromise, if EFL done that I don’t see how we could object

problem is EFL in there heads have their eyes on an easy 40mil and have probably already spent it in their heads so want the dough. That’s what this is all about they want easy cash, gamchanging cash for their business

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            I believe we do have a case Old
            I believe the FL think we have a case
            I believe our legal team think we have a case

The potato thing was my light hearted way of saying you must be absolutely bundled
            I you're all for paying way over more than we deserve to
            We didn't sign the players that put us over the ffp when were in the championship.
            And there in lies the massive hole in this ######## ruling.
            These players are so well protected by their union we can't shift em or cut their money
            or anything.
            The PFA happily watch employers go to the wall as long as their greedy members
            get their wedge
            This is true. There was no way in the world that QPR could have stayed within the FFP rules. This is why the EFL changed the rules. QPR did not sign up to the rules on their return down to the Championship.
            Yes, they broke the rules, but they had no real choice as the players who refused to budge had watertight contracts protected by the PFA and other laws.

And going back to Old's Ruth Ellis angle, had she not been executed but been on death row for a few years as in the USA, she would have been spared her execution as the death penalty would by then have been abolished.

Laws and punishments often change via amendements and those convicted sometimes get the benefits of them and the EFL should do likewise with theirs.

If they are willing gto negotiate with QPR to reduce the fine to around £20M perhaps Fernandes would pay that.

Bournemouth's fine went down by around 40% (can't be bothered with doing maths now), so how about negotiating with the club about this draconian one.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Agree with post. We did however vote in favour of FFP in championship TF is on record as saying that.

The sendible approach which I think would put us over a barrel would be to calculate fine under new arrangements as compromise, if EFL done that I don’t see how we could object

problem is EFL in there heads have their eyes on an easy 40mil and have probably already spent it in their heads so want the dough. That’s what this is all about they want easy cash, gamchanging cash for their business
              I agree that the EFL are looking at this as easy money for them, but they and the club should just sit down and sensibly agree a reduced fine and move on from this.

Comment

https://d3ix52z2istd7h.cloudfront.ne...er-dr-tony-xia

Comment

Working...
                X