McLaren Time...Just in the Nick of Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McLaren Time...Just in the Nick of Time

You can already see a difference in attitude by the players. McClaren is a serious manager who’s organized and directed to move QPR to a whole new level, with or without big new signings. I liked Ollie as a motivator, but he was lost when it came to tactical smarts and formational consistency. Give this team another solid defender and seasoned striker, and I think you’ll see a real contender emerge. This may not be our year, but I assure you it’s going to prove to be far better than the last one. Go you Rrrrrs!

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
    You can already see a difference in attitude by the players. McClaren is a serious manager who’s organized and directed to move QPR to a whole new level, with or without big new signings. I liked Ollie as a motivator, but he was lost when it came to tactical smarts and formational consistency. Give this team another solid defender and seasoned striker, and I think you’ll see a real contender emerge. This may not be our year, but I assure you it’s going to prove to be far better than the last one. Go you Rrrrrs!

In what way can you see a different attitude mate ? A ball hasn`t been kicked yet or am i missing something ?
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

No running up hills, no signing 4 wingers to play wingback. No nonsense interviews, no maniquin challenge. Just hard graft on the training ground
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Its all about results, if McClaren comes out wins games and has a better league standing than Holloway then it was the right decision.... If we loss and finish on less points then I am afraid this forum will be calling for McClaren's head. So interviews, hills or Maniquins it doesn't make a McClaren a better manager! RESULTS DO

Comment

I'll wait til the first 10-15 games are done before making a judgment. If we lose most of those this board will be as toxic as it was towards Holloway.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

New manager and new regime, would be surprised if the players were anything but up for it.

Real test of attitude is after we've lost a few on the spin because that is bound to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              I'll wait til the first 10-15 games are done before making a judgment. If we lose most of those this board will be as toxic as it was towards Holloway.
              I'm kinda the same but even if we lose most of those I will still be OK as long as I can see that there is some improvement and that we are learning from our mistakes. The trouble with Olly was that he would persist with things that weren't working and when we did take a step forwards he would just change it all again. It usually takes time to find the right formula and I'm prepared to give Shteve some leeway, as I would any manager new to the club/team.

Comment

Just don't let him use an umbrella during matches and we should be alright.
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I would bet he hasn't used a brolly for the last decade.

Comment

I have absolutely no problem with him using a brolly if he needed to during a match. It was just used as a stick to beat him with.

Comment

We are two players away (striker and defender) from what could be a very interesting season. The difference is we have skill and smarts in the managerial position now; think Steve will find ways to mature the young and motivate the old.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                        We are two players away (striker and defender) from what could be a very interesting season. The difference is we have skill and smarts in the managerial position now; think Steve will find ways to mature the young and motivate the old.
                        Think we need more than a striker and one defender personally but can't deny that it'll be an interesting season for a number of reasons.

Comment

I think these type of posts just anger those of us who liked Ollie. We can't see any difference yet because we haven't played. Give it time, and the change may be an inspired piece of business, but please don't overhype things before they have occurred

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
                            I think these type of posts just anger those of us who liked Ollie. We can't see any difference yet because we haven't played. Give it time, and the change may be an inspired piece of business, but please don't overhype things before they have occurred
                            Well said, outrageous post when we have`nt even kicked a ball yet!

And we`ll see if Mclarens as great as loads have said on here, yet proof in silverwares not exactly outshinning Holloways cupboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbydunc View Post

Well said, outrageous post when we have`nt even kicked a ball yet!

And we`ll see if Mclarens as great as loads have said on here, yet proof in silverwares not exactly outshinning Holloways cupboard.
                              Not sure many expect silverware in the cupboard, but are hoping to finish higher up the table.

All will be revealed one way or another as the season unfolds.

Comment

Working...
                              X