New captain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New captain

any word on who our new captain will be or who should get it?

i can see mass being given the armband to tempt him into staying but i think furlong is just as likely too given that hes been at the club since he was a fetus. personally i'd like furs to be given the armband, he looks like a steady choice for it

Furs too inexperienced to be captain for me. Too early to say as we may have new signings who will be captain material. But we definitely need a talker and an organiser in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

i can see mass being given the armband to tempt him into staying but i think furlong is just as likely too given that hes been at the club since he was a fetus. personally i'd like furs to be given the armband, he looks like a steady choice for it
      I like a big strong C/H as captain if the FBG lives up to his reputation as a leader would do me Corbs I still think it's cash out time for Luongo

Comment

Grant Hall for me. Real leader

!!! Grant Hall is brilliant !!!

Comment

Matt Smith for me. Lead from the front.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Summer Transfers 2018

IN
          Toni Leistner.

OUT
          Jamie Mackie, James Perch, Nedum Onuoha, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Jack Robinson, Alex Smithies.

Comment

Luongo if we keep him.

Comment

Needs to be someone who is almost always fit, reasonably experienced at this level and pretty much always a first choice.

Jake Bidwell fits the bill for me, along with possibly Mass. Funny really, as 12 months ago I wouldn’t have thought either capable.

Comment

Reckon scowen or mass

Comment

We need someone vocal rather than the lead by example type. Youngster need to be told. The other senior pros can do the leadership off the field.

Comment

Scowen pls.

Comment

Actually Bidwell is a good shout. Was captain at Brentford so knows whats expected of one.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

Bidwell?

Comment

Scowen.

Steely, determined, regular & captain material in my book.

Comment

scowen for me

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Bidwell?
                              bidwell is a good shout plus it'd be a martin rowlands situation all over again. scowen would be good too.

i think that a captain should always be someone with a bit of a history with the club, i've never been a fan of giving a new signing the captaincy. i dunno i just think furlong would be a good shout, he went from strength to strength last season when given the opportunity and got better with every game. hes the kinda guy who rises to the occassion imo and gives his all for the club which is what a captain needs to be.
                              i think he'd be a good dependable captain for years to come and it sends a message to our youth players too that they can reach those heights too if they work hard for us

Comment

Working...
                              X