Boys football team in Thailand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boys football team in Thailand

Great to hear they've been found in that cave and they'll soon get them out. It could of course been a lot worse, their coach could have been Barry Bennell.

Being stuck in a cave for a few days could be a good team bonding experience as long as there is sufficient nourishment. Mobile phones will be depleted in one day and then it is pure old-fashioned face-to-face interaction. Great things can be achieved if properly supervised.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Good they've been found safe and well. They're gonna drop in food for a few days. Apparently they're over a mile from the entrance and they all have to learn how to dive and none of the boys can swim. Gonna be a very tricky rescue.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
        Good they've been found safe and well. They're gonna drop in food for a few days. Apparently they're over a mile from the entrance and they all have to learn how to dive and none of the boys can swim. Gonna be a very tricky rescue.
        apparently neymar and pepe are heading over there to give the boys expert training in diving

Comment

Hahaha good one. Hopefully they'll give Neymar a proper kick and give him something to whinge about while he's there.

Comment

Yes, this could be tricky, but they shouldn’t need more than a couple of days training, buoyancy control and mask clearing being the main things to concentrate on.

Once trained and assessed by the instructors and medics and kitted out, I would imagine they will be attached to a rope and too a highly qualified cave diver and gently pulled through the narrower tunnels with spare air sets located at various points through the caves.

The problems are numerous, strong current in the narrow tunnels, the underwater visibility, water temperature, decompression stops and if one of the boys panics due to claustrophobia.

Hopefully none of the boys have a diving releated medical problem, ear clearing being absolutely vital, so no colds with blocked sinuses or eustachian tubes.

I have done a bit of cavern diving in the Cenotes in Mexico, they are not caves but tbere are a few tunnels where there is no clear surface, so dark, it could be scary for those who feel claustrophobic, so lots of underwater lighting will help the boys confidence.

I wish them all the luck in the world, they all look fit lads and with what looks like a very higly experienced team supporting them they should make it.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

Yes, this could be tricky, but they shouldn’t need more than a couple of days training, buoyancy control and mask clearing being the main things to concentrate on.

Once trained and assessed by the instructors and medics and kitted out, I would imagine they will be attached to a rope and too a highly qualified cave diver and gently pulled through the narrower tunnels with spare air sets located at various points through the caves.

The problems are numerous, strong current in the narrow tunnels, the underwater visibility, water temperature, decompression stops and if one of the boys panics due to claustrophobia.

Hopefully none of the boys have a diving releated medical problem, ear clearing being absolutely vital, so no colds with blocked sinuses or eustachian tubes.

I have done a bit of cavern diving in the Cenotes in Mexico, they are not caves but tbere are a few tunnels where there is no clear surface, so dark, it could be scary for those who feel claustrophobic, so lots of underwater lighting will help the boys confidence.

I wish them all the luck in the world, they all look fit lads and with what looks like a very higly experienced team supporting them they should make it.

Reading that has extinguished the last embers of any chance of me taking up pot holing

Comment

Or even cave diving, which is one of the most dangerous sports going, thats probably why I’ve stuck to sea diving for the last 30 years.

Comment

Poor little guys, hope they all go home safe and well

Comment

They say it could be months before they rescue them

Comment

Awful isn't it Jeff. Hope there is no more significant rain that will put them in danger

Comment

They say it could be months before they rescue them
                        It is the Monsoon season in Thailand, if the water level rise in their cave they may well have to dive them out asap, strong current and visibility may well be a significant problem.

Comment

They looked in good spirit on the news feed this morning, one of them even wearing an England shirt.
                          Being monsoon season does make this more worrying.
                          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Wonder if they've let the kid know England won last night

Comment

It would be great if Qpr could bring them over for a game if they make it out. I'm sure Tone could find them seats on an Air Asia flight and with their partners.

Comment

Working...
                              X