loan market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
    Loans are not free. Usually you have to pay a sizeable fee and negotiate wages which could be higher than he is already getting. If they are cheap unknowns then they have to
    be guaranteed playing time.and the latter type are no better than we already have. Martin is on a reportedly £30k a week at Derby so would have cost Reading a pretty penny.
    it depends really. martin and other experienced players no doubt do have part of their wages covered by the club bringing them in on loan but young players tend to have 100% of their wages covered by their parent club. its a win win for both clubs that way, the young player gets experience and regular game time

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      Why should we spend money on loan fees and wages to develop another teams talent when there's no resale value from our spend? HR stated premiership loans are very expensive. I would rather we pick up the ones they've released, like we've already done, and do it for us. No loans for me, only permi signings that are cheap or free and stick them on 12 month deals will options to extend if they do well.
      We have done very well and benefitted from the loan market hugely in the past. It’s not ideal but don’t get why your so anti it

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        We have done very well and benefitted from the loan market hugely in the past. It’s not ideal but don’t get why your so anti it
        Because it's been stated to be so expensive. Loan fees of £1m for a kid from the premier league for a season and then wages. It's not a cheap option as I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
          We ain't got the dosh. How many more times??
          £3 million for smithies sale can surely be to God allow us a few loan signings ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

£3 million for smithies sale can surely be to God allow us a few loan signings ?
            Quick way to spunk the lot developing other clubs talent

Comment

Because it's been stated to be so expensive. Loan fees of £1m for a kid from the premier league for a season and then wages. It's not a cheap option as I see it.
              Suppose it depends on type and reputation of player your trying get on loan. Top end like a loftus cheek I can see that but we won’t be in for players on loan of that calibre

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Suppose it depends on type and reputation of player your trying get on loan. Top end like a loftus cheek I can see that but we won’t be in for players on loan of that calibre
                Agreed. Also don't agree with the arguement that we're only developing another team's talent - if that player is helping us progress what's the problem? Everyone's a winner? It's not unheard of that a player develops a relationship with the club he's loaned to and returns when it's clear he won't get in his own first team.

Comment

Still not used it!

Comment

I also think there might be some sort of restrictions on us with regard how much we're allowed to pay in wages for loans,, also as someone has stated, there is normally a loan fee, and you have to pay a sizable amount of the loanee's wage, so cant see us getting too much quality on the cheap

Comment

Loans don't fit in with our new way of developing players to sell on so it's no surprise we don't use that part of the market.

Comment

Chris Martin whilst on loan at Reading had a loan fee plus 100% of his wages plus £10k a week on top. As stated before you only really need loan players if you are
                        aiming for promotion or trying to avoid relegation. There is no need if we are going for mid table.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                          Chris Martin whilst on loan at Reading had a loan fee plus 100% of his wages plus £10k a week on top. As stated before you only really need loan players if you are
                          aiming for promotion or trying to avoid relegation. There is no need if we are going for mid table.
                          Our aim will be to avoid relegation so I can see a loan player coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

Our aim will be to avoid relegation so I can see a loan player coming in.
                            We sack Ollie and bring in an ex-England manager and our aim for the season is to avoid relegation?

Comment

We sack Ollie and bring in an ex-England manager and our aim for the season is to avoid relegation?
                              What does him being an ex-england manager (massive flop 11 years ago, btw) have to do with our aim for this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

What does him being an ex-england manager (massive flop 11 years ago, btw) have to do with our aim for this season?
                                Its a factual statement and hes regarded as a great coach. The reason for replacing Ollie was to 'push on'. I would have thought that witb the managerial change we have higher aspirations than merely avoiding relegation. Ollie proved he could meet that requirement.

Comment

Working...
                                X