loan market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loan market

Surely this is something that should suit us now?
    I know we're trying to develop our own youth and find rough diamonds and I applaud that but I do hope we're looking around for suitable loans if we're so skint. McLaren must have sone decent contacts

i could see us loaning a youngster from say, Celtic, or Aberdeen, but premiership loans-just can't see it.

Comment

We ain't got the dosh. How many more times??

Comment

Loans will cost a bit too. Need to sell a couple more first. #shoppingatcarboot
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
          i could see us loaning a youngster from say, Celtic, or Aberdeen, but premiership loans-just can't see it.
          Holland it is then Shhhteve. Bring us the new El Khayati

Comment

Originally posted by Dunraven View Post

Holland it is then Shhhteve. Bring us the new El Khayati
            I hear penrice has been out there scouting the original

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
              Why not?

If you were a manager of a Premiership club, would you not trust MacLaren with a youngster? I'd say we've got a far better chance of bringing in some up and coming talent from the top flight now than we ever had under Holloway.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

I hear penrice has been out there scouting the original
                Hits would have a coronary
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Why not?

If you were a manager of a Premiership club, would you not trust MacLaren with a youngster? I'd say we've got a far better chance of bringing in some up and coming talent from the top flight now than we ever had under Holloway.
                  this. we have lots of top london based clubs around us too and i think we're a very attractive option for their young players as its easier for them to moniter them and they'll get regular football under a proven coach. i can defo see us picking up a loan or 2 from the likes of chelsea which would be good for us as chelsea have loaned some quality unknown youngsters over the past few years to championship sides

Comment

Why should we spend money on loan fees and wages to develop another teams talent when there's no resale value from our spend? HR stated premiership loans are very expensive. I would rather we pick up the ones they've released, like we've already done, and do it for us. No loans for me, only permi signings that are cheap or free and stick them on 12 month deals will options to extend if they do well.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                      Why should we spend money on loan fees and wages to develop another teams talent when there's no resale value from our spend? HR stated premiership loans are very expensive. I would rather we pick up the ones they've released, like we've already done, and do it for us. No loans for me, only permi signings that are cheap or free and stick them on 12 month deals will options to extend if they do well.
                      12 month deal is effectively a season loan. No point in signing anyone on a 'permanent' 12 month deal.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

12 month deal is effectively a season loan. No point in signing anyone on a 'permanent' 12 month deal.
                        But without the loan fee if we sign free agents

Comment

But probably a sizeable signing on fee to compensate for only a 12 month deal

Comment

Loans are not free. Usually you have to pay a sizeable fee and negotiate wages which could be higher than he is already getting. If they are cheap unknowns then they have to
                            be guaranteed playing time.and the latter type are no better than we already have. Martin is on a reportedly £30k a week at Derby so would have cost Reading a pretty penny.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                              Loans are not free. Usually you have to pay a sizeable fee and negotiate wages which could be higher than he is already getting. If they are cheap unknowns then they have to
                              be guaranteed playing time.and the latter type are no better than we already have. Martin is on a reportedly £30k a week at Derby so would have cost Reading a pretty penny.
                              You don't negotiate a new wage but rather a percentage of what you will pay of their current wage. If a team wants a player gone then it's possible to get a good deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X