loan market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Its a factual statement and hes regarded as a great coach. The reason for replacing Ollie was to 'push on'. I would have thought eith the managerial chance we have higher aspirations than merely avoiding relegation. Ollie hss proved he could meet that requirement.
    With the financial situation and the state of the current squad the ultimate aim has to be to stay up this year. The obvious hope is that McLaren can get more out of this squad than Ollie and surprise a few people with the way the team plays - If that happens then great but realistically avoiding relegation is the target. Him managing England last decade doesn't gloss over our current situation.

Comment

Quick way to spunk the lot developing other clubs talent
      We are not a youth club.

Comment

The Transfer Embargo will affect loans too.... there are weird rules about incoming personnel must be on 75% of wage of outgoing personnel and incoming personnel cannot be paid more than £12K per week. Obviously embargo is not until January but I presume club must have one eye on January now in terms of getting our core of established 24 players on paper. There's some other rule that defines what an established player is.... think it's a player over 21 years old who has made 5+ appearances. Either way, we do have to formally nail down an established 24 in terms of the embargo and we cant fanny about with too many goings and comings.
        Sorry if this is a bit woolly and vague - I do think my basic point about loanees being subject to some restrictions is correct though; I'm just a bit fuzzy as to exactly how. I'd say it's very unlikely we'd be able to get a highly paid prem player surplus to requirements at his home club, eg a Mitrovic type player. Think we'd be feeding off scraps from youth teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

With the financial situation and the state of the current squad the ultimate aim has to be to stay up this year. The obvious hope is that McLaren can get more out of this squad than Ollie and surprise a few people with the way the team plays - If that happens then great but realistically avoiding relegation is the target. Him managing England last decade doesn't gloss over our current situation.
          That might be your aim but I suspect the club are aiming for a midtable finish

Comment

That might be your aim but I suspect the club are aiming for a midtable finish
            I think there's some realistic heads at the club that know we're in for a season of hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunraven View Post
              Agreed. Also don't agree with the arguement that we're only developing another team's talent - if that player is helping us progress what's the problem? Everyone's a winner? It's not unheard of that a player develops a relationship with the club he's loaned to and returns when it's clear he won't get in his own first team.
              Like Adel Taarabt

Comment

Spot on,well said

Comment

Im amazed that some think we'll be in a relegation dog fight at the bottom end of the table. But each to their own. Personally I think the likes of Rotherham, Bolton and Brum will struggle from the off. I think we'll improve on last seasons 16th and think we'll manage 12-14th. Im sure there'll be a bit of transfer activity still remaining and we'll be fine. The Bushy Babes will create a new generation fans!

Comment

Why would anyone be amazed at others thinking we're probably in for a season of struggle?! (Not necessarily actually going down, but fighting against the drop). A shaky defence weakened by the loss of three of the betters players plus a lot of senior players departing such as perch and Mackie who might not have had much of an impact on the field last season but would certainly have played a role off it.

Attacking we'll be fine but that backline in front of whichever inexperienced gk we go with is a concern.

Comment

I dont view our GK options as a problem and new BFG seems solid. Robinson was a one season wonder.....

Comment

I dont view our GK options as a problem and new BFG seems solid. Robinson was a one season wonder.....
                        So you don't see untested goalkeepers at this level as a problem? Ok then...

New bfg seems solid, yeah in friendlies. Now we're getting down to the serious business.

So what if Robbos a one season wonder in your opinion. Doesn't make a difference to the general view that he was one of our better performers last season.

Comment

So you don't see untested goalkeepers at this level as a problem? Ok then...

New bfg seems solid, yeah in friendlies. Now we're getting down to the serious business.

So what if Robbos a one season wonder in your opinion. Doesn't make a difference to the general view that he was one of our better performers last season.
                          Ok, youre a pessimist and Im an optimist.

Ingram has 196 league and cup appearances to his name. Hes new to this level but Im not expecting it to be an issue.

BFG will be no worse than Ned in my opinion - has he even been signed by anyone yet?

Robbo had a great season but the transfer window has not closed yet.

I do not see that the team is fundamentally weaker than last season. In fact the exerienced gained by the younger players msked us stronger. Also, this MB was in melt down over the points lost due to IH not reverting to 442. Apparently we niw have an expert tactician and coach to get those wasted lost points from last season

The transfer window has not closed yet and relegation does not enter my thoughts.

Over.
                          Last edited by SheepRanger; 03-08-2018, 11:30 AM.

Comment

The experience picked up by the youngsters last season is an advantage but these are mainly players in attacking positions in front of what is likely to still be a shaky defence. We've lost our captain and main goalkeeper so of course we're weakened. The bfg who has never played higher than the second tier of German football doesn't change that.

Ned not being signed by anyone is besides the point. He was still one of our stronger performers at the back. I'm sure he'll be picked up eventually either way.

'Over'.

Comment

The experience picked up by the youngsters last season is an advantage but these are mainly players in attacking positions in front of what is likely to still be a shaky defence. We've lost our captain and main goalkeeper so of course we're weakened. The bfg who has never played higher than the second tier of German football doesn't change that.

Ned not being signed by anyone is besides the point. He was still one of our stronger performers at the back. I'm sure he'll be picked up eventually either way.

'Over'.
                              £25 says we'll finish higher than 16th - bet?

Comment

£25 says we'll finish higher than 16th - bet?
                                Nah, you're good. Why would I want to take a bet that would see me profit on the club doing crap... I don't need a gamble to back up my opinions.

Comment

Working...
                                X