Don't get the panicking and doom mongering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    The only player under the current board that we got top dollar for was Sterling and we never sold him. The board have been a disaster when it comes to transfers, contract or fees so if anyone assumes anything about them it would be based on previous dealings.
    We did well in the last couple of transfer windows. There are several examples.

Comment

Croydon, We bought no one in january and our record has been poor overall and the sale of Smithies for such a small fee highlights this.

Comment

Croydon, We bought no one in january and our record has been poor overall and the sale of Smithies for such a small fee highlights this.
        Over the last few we got Freeman and Scowens. Forgotten about those perhaps?

Comment

2 good signings for sure but that is it the rest has been #### poor

Comment

Doomed I tell ya.and now we being told to take quick showers too as water scarce, when will the pain end!
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

2 good signings for sure but that is it the rest has been #### poor
              Not the only good ones. Baptiste for nothing. Smith good value. Developed youngsters largely due I believe to changes made to the coaching and development. Lot of mistakes made but last couple of seasons good in terms of clearing the decks and putting some positive ground work in place. Can't change the past and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Not the only good ones. Baptiste for nothing. Smith good value. Developed youngsters largely due I believe to changes made to the coaching and development. Lot of mistakes made but last couple of seasons good in terms of clearing the decks and putting some positive ground work in place. Can't change the past and all that.
                That is a very interesting point there furtive, i saw you had stated on another thread a minute a go about ian holloway should not of come back here, yet have just stated all above while he was our manager! Do you not think any of those and the youngsters had anything to do with him being a main man?!

I should imagine if Holloway had nothing to do with any of that success above you state, we will see the continuation of good signings & the continuation of the youngsters & good vibes amongst the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbydunc View Post

That is a very interesting point there furtive, i saw you had stated on another thread a minute a go about ian holloway should not of come back here, yet have just stated all above while he was our manager! Do you not think any of those and the youngsters had anything to do with him being a main man?!

I should imagine if Holloway had nothing to do with any of that success above you state, we will see the continuation of good signings & the continuation of the youngsters & good vibes amongst the team.
                  Pinkie?
                  https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post

Pinkie?
                    Sorry 1QPR are you referring to me? not too sure what you mean exactly, have we signed a new player called pinkie?

Comment

Can’t be pinkie he put LOL in every post

Comment

I should imagine if Holloway had nothing to do with any of that success above you state, we will see the continuation of good signings & the continuation of the youngsters & good vibes amongst the team.LOL
                        Last edited by acricketer; 29-06-2018, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I think very little had to do with Ollie. He was part of the decision making process on player recruitment but not even he has said signing players was down to him. He would have had input but no more.

In terms of the youngsters I believe if anything that having Ollie as manager held them back. He admitted Smyth only got picked out of desperation because he didn't know what to do. Think we were on a run of one point in six games. At around that point we suddenly changed formation and started playing more youngsters. I go with the conspiracy theory that the new formation and some of the player picking was imposed on him. The evidence before that was clear. Youngsters barely got a look in. I suspect the decision to get rid of him at the end of the season was made long before the season was over.

Comment

Working...
                          X