Don't get the panicking and doom mongering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't get the panicking and doom mongering

Yes Smithies has now gone as have Ned and Robinson. Ideally would have liked to keep all three. Would like fee for Smithies to have realistically been more like £5m-£6m but don't think what we got far off. Good keeper at this level but last season was a bit of a dip on previous one. We have two young keepers to battle it out so not a disaster.

We were always going to need to sell and if we can use some of the money to buy a couple of defenders to plug some gaps then good move. We had, in my view, a decent enough squad last season. Good midfield and some attacking prospects coming through. We have recruited a manager with a reputation for developing youngsters which is ideal given make up of our squad and lack of transfer funds. If we can plug up back we will again have a reasonable team. No we won't win the league but could do ok.

Our biggest issue last year was Ollie with his selections and painful lack of tactical nouse. He has gone. Now Steve has had an up and down managerial career and is known as a great coach and not as great manager. If he didn't have that reputation no way would he have joined us. He has come into a DoF type set up which potentially plays to his strengths. Also I am hopeful he can get Pawel and Sylla playing more to their ability.

Until we are nearer new season no idea how we will look but am cautiously optimistic at the moment.

We have just sold 15 odd points for a bag of pennies. We have a pink away kit. Two of our defenders have left the club. Other than that, I'm over the Farking moon.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
      We have just sold 15 odd points for a bag of pennies. We have a pink away kit. Two of our defenders have left the club. Other than that, I'm over the Farking moon.
      Shows things aren’t too bad if the colour of the away kit is in the top three gripes.

Comment

And we got non league staff, no f**kin brollies for manager, and the training kit is puke-y, and
        they're running up that f-ing hill again........and breathe.......

Comment

Some people just love a moan!

Personally I'm excited. Young, talented squad, experienced manager, we're still in it, not relegated, not in admin, all the play for, Come on You Rs!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post

Personally I'm excited. Young, talented squad, experienced manager, we're still in it, not relegated, not in admin, all the play for, Come on You Rs!
            Exactly what i said the other day. We all knew Ned and Robinson were off for a while. Everyone accepted that and had said how optimistic they were with McClaren coming in. Roll on a few weeks and we sell our keeper and everyone is crying and acting like children having hissy fits. We literally have to sell to either bring players in and/or to balance the books so could well happen again. And we still have 5 weeks to recruit. I'm pretty sure the board isn't just sitting on their ar$e and doing nothing so quit moaning for 5 minutes

Comment

https://youtu.be/nR0lOtdvqyg
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

We have just sold 15 odd anstalkpoints for a bag of pennies. We have a pink away kit. Two of our defenders have left the club. Other than that, I'm over the Farking moon.
                Steve and the beanstalk

Comment

Tony Fernandes =
                  1 step forwards 3 steps backwards
                  Nice bloke but total bell of a chairman

Comment

Who in their right tiny ####ing mind sells their best player for 3 million pounds hope he is receiving absolute pelters on twitter
                    knobhead .

Comment

Good keeper but not 15point keeper or at least not last season

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post

With you Hubs. I'm confident in the set up at the club and with our young, talented squad. So much more to smile about than many previous years!

Comment

People say we are lucky to have Tony
                          From a Premier league club with no debt
                          To a lower Championship club owing 50 million pounds .
                          Like saying I caught the clap but got the ride.

Comment

Don't care about the pink away kit but agree with the rest

Comment

You have endorsed the new manager though hits. Or did I imagine that?
                              Or have you forgotten that?

Comment

Working...
                              X