Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As it stands today does anyone expect us to stay up..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just need to get through this season and everyone without parachute payments will be same or worse off than us.
    A lot of players will have to drop a division just to get work.

Comment

As it stands not by very much

Comment

Confident we will stay up, think we will be Top 12.

Comment

I think we'll be fine as we are. I'm pretty sure we'll get on or two more in but we already have a big squad so it might be dependant on moving someone on.
          "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
            I think we'll be fine as we are. I'm pretty sure we'll get on or two more in but we already have a big squad so it might be dependant on moving someone on.
            Buffs that ain't as it stands

Comment

If we don't make any signings at all, ie as it stands, then we'll more than likely finish around where we were last season IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Buffs that ain't as it stands
                Not sure what your point is. I did say I think we'll be fine as we are.
                "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

fairly good points but in the same breath ned was seen as too error prone, robbo a distant memory who was injured all the time, luongo a pointless player, furlong not capable of the 1st team, sylla as our savior and smyth an uninspiring signing from semi pro football. we've had eze, furlong, smyth and mass all excel last season and tbh i think we're in a stronger more positive position than last season.

sure smithies going is a blow BUT only because he went for so little. no one has suggested we sign a new gk as we already have 2 very good keepers who are more than capable of replacing smithies (from what we know). we need 2 new cbs and a striker and thats it as long as we keep our current crop. personally i think our future looks bright and for the first time in 20 years we have good young players coming through, at least 6 imo. we have a far better coach than ollie at the helm and i reckon the players will reap the rewards from him. its not all doom and gloom, we are stronger than we seem!

if someone told me last season that we'd have macca as our coach, furlong as a dependable rb and mass as one of the best cms in the division along with great youth prospects coming through this season i'd have laughed in their face and told them to get their head checked!
                  Spot on mate.

personally I don't get what all the doom mongering is about. I feel far more confident going into this new season than I did at the same time last year!

Comment

Not sure what your point is. I did say I think we'll be fine as we are.
                    As it stands surely mean now with what we've got not next month , well that's the way I see it buddy

Comment

Yes, I agree and I think we'll be fine as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        As the saying goes, you win nothing with kids. Think it will be another struggle but should do better than last season...... Only just
                        And then those very same kids went on and did the double that season!

Comment

Yes, I agree and I think we'll be fine as we are.
                          If by fine you mean we should stay up,then I agree too

Comment

There are no departures that will bother me. We've been poor for two seasons so it's not as if any of these so called gems we can't afford to lose were actually delivering very much is there? I have no idea how our reshaped squad will shape up - I'd wanna just see 10 games and make a judgement then.
                            Obviously it's hard to envisage us taking the league by storm but who knows? I do think we need to make better use of loan system though...... nothing wrong with augmenting team with quality for a few months is there? Just need to be canny in getting the right loanees in.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

If by fine you mean we should stay up,then I agree too
                              That is indeed what I mean. Nice to hear that from the King of pessimism!

Comment

Working...
                              X