Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As it stands today does anyone expect us to stay up..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
    I'm actually hoping we don't sign too many players. Yeah we have to replace the defenders we've just lost and probably Smithies, maybe a new cf, but I'm actually looking forward to seeing some of our youngsters give it a go right from the start, and under a sane, mentally stable coach that hopefully will be able to improve them.
    If that means not going up for another season then so be it IMO, and I don't think we'll be too far away, hoping for top 10 or very close to it
    Agreed.

Let's not call the end of the world, certain relegation etc. etc. yet!

Comment

I think it is fair to point out we are a weaker side without Smithies, Onuoha and Robinson. I expect us to sell for another £6m+, to comply with FFP, so expect either Luongo or Freeman to go; or possibly both. This will leave us without four or five of the best senior players from last season. I hope we can hold on to Smyth, Eze and the other youngsters.

I think we will be in for a tough season. The good news is the abundance of good young players that came through last season under Holloway. If they can step up we might actually find out we can cope with what looks a weakened squad. I trust we get in two or three decent signings before the season starts, not at least in order to strengthen the defence and possibly the midfield if both Luongo and Freeman depart. I hope Hall will stay injury free - that will be like a new signing.

I am normally a glass half full type of person, but I predict a tough season ahead. The jury is still out on McClaren - great coach, but less sure about him as manager. I hope he proves me wrong though.

I predict we finish 18th to 20th, which should be considered a good achievement.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
          I think it is fair to point out we are a weaker side without Smithies, Onuoha and Robinson.
          Thought we did ok without them against Birmingham at home last season but overall we will be weaker. Onuha is the one I think we'll miss the most......bizarrely

Comment

I think we'll be ok too.
            I am alarmed that some of the teams who were around us
            last season are investing in new players,while we have no money,
            and we're being hounded by the FL, with their obviously flawed, unfair
            FFP rules.
            But just watching them boys in Portugal, seeing the "Babes from the Bush" training,
            it's such a young team. We won't touch the top 6 at the business end
            of the season I don't care what anyone says.
            But it's going to be intriguing to see how the younguns do against some
            of these big spending sides.
            Just hope we don't have to battle away in the bottom 4,5,6 or lower all season, it is a worry.
            If we get caught up in that the young fellas could fold.

Comment

No need to panic at all. We always have no money,sell our stars,stuck in a tinpot ground with the authorities not liking us.it's what we do and no one does it better than us.
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Right now we are a weaker team than last year. Smithies, Ned and Robinson were key players that we have now lost and seen a return of 3 mill for, which does not go far in this league anymore.

Smithies played a massive part in us not being releageted last year. Some of the saves he pulled off in the first half the season were ridiculous and kept us in numerous games we should of lost.

I am not worrying just yet because it’s early days and let’s see what the club does in terms of player acquisition over the next few weeks.

However, losing arguably one of our most valuable assets for below market value is not a great start and when I look at the players we have at the club with one year left on their contracts I really don’t think the board are learning their lessons.

We need to replace Ned and Jack plus a proven goal scorer is essential and maybe one or two other additions.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                  No need to panic at all. We always have no money,sell our stars,stuck in a tinpot ground with the authorities not liking us.it's what we do and no one does it better than us.
                  Yeah good point Leighsy...

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                    Right now we are a weaker team than last year. Smithies, Ned and Robinson were key players that we have now lost and seen a return of 3 mill for, which does not go far in this league anymore.

Smithies played a massive part in us not being releageted last year. Some of the saves he pulled off in the first half the season were ridiculous and kept us in numerous games we should of lost.

I am not worrying just yet because it’s early days and let’s see what the club does in terms of player acquisition over the next few weeks.

However, losing arguably one of our most valuable assets for below market value is not a great start and when I look at the players we have at the club with one year left on their contracts I really don’t think the board are learning their lessons.

We need to replace Ned and Jack plus a proven goal scorer is essential and maybe one or two other additions.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

fairly good points but in the same breath ned was seen as too error prone, robbo a distant memory who was injured all the time, luongo a pointless player, furlong not capable of the 1st team, sylla as our savior and smyth an uninspiring signing from semi pro football. we've had eze, furlong, smyth and mass all excel last season and tbh i think we're in a stronger more positive position than last season.

sure smithies going is a blow BUT only because he went for so little. no one has suggested we sign a new gk as we already have 2 very good keepers who are more than capable of replacing smithies (from what we know). we need 2 new cbs and a striker and thats it as long as we keep our current crop. personally i think our future looks bright and for the first time in 20 years we have good young players coming through, at least 6 imo. we have a far better coach than ollie at the helm and i reckon the players will reap the rewards from him. its not all doom and gloom, we are stronger than we seem!

if someone told me last season that we'd have macca as our coach, furlong as a dependable rb and mass as one of the best cms in the division along with great youth prospects coming through this season i'd have laughed in their face and told them to get their head checked!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                        You know QPR well. Good post!

Comment

Another mediocre season for me,be interesting to see how the younger players progress
                          especially Eze

Comment

As it stands now with just 25 days to go till Preston, I have to say it's not looking great. Desperately need 2 or 3 championship savvy players.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                              As it stands now with just 25 days to go till Preston, I have to say it's not looking great. Desperately need 2 or 3 championship savvy players.
                              i think we will bring in at least 2 new faces. only thing that has concerned me is that we haven't signed any other out of contract players as you'd have thought they would have made up the majority of our signings and given that its 8 days since out of contract players were free to leave you'd have thought we'd have done our business early!

we still need at least a cb and a striker and if we bring those in i reckon we'll be fine.

Comment

As the saying goes, you win nothing with kids. Think it will be another struggle but should do better than last season...... Only just
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X