Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As it stands today does anyone expect us to stay up..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As it stands today does anyone expect us to stay up..

60% at least chance of going down. Our best hope is MacLaren hits it off with the few decent players that will remain and works well with them, while bringing on the youngsters. Smithies and Robinson are just the start. And hopefully while things might will go well with the existing squad and the incoming players, including the one or two he'll sign, we will be weaker when the season starts.

FFP is evil. Enuff said about that. But FFP is not responsible for appalling decisions made by the very likeable Uncle Tone. He learnt his lesson too late, after hiring ####s like Hughes/Jooorabchian and Redknapp. We'll be battling relegation...if we go down, it will be Ian Holloway come on down time!!! Perhaps the Oldham situation will repeat itself!!??
    BTW, 4 mill for Smithies? Do we have people at the club capable of hard bargaining??

I think we will do ok.

Hard to make a proper prediction until we know what players we've got coming in and going out but on the assumption we make a couple of useful signings I would take a punt and say we'll be around 8-10th

Comment

Disgusting really. We should be a Premier league club. Not top notch, but there is no excuse for the fact that we have blown it so badly. Naivety is no crime, so I won't and can't be too hard on TF. But FFP is disgraceful, and shows the kind of people behind its design to be idiots or biased bigots at best. Having said all that,if we want to make English football fairer (so that Leicester winning the title is not a once in a century aberration) we need a radical overhaul of the way football is run. At the moment the big clubs have a huge advantage. We must fight hard to smash the system that entrenches that 'big club' love-in!!!

Comment

Not sure we have Devine right to be premier league club. Probably good ten bigger teams then us in championship who would argue they’re more worthy

Comment

We're not going down mate. Not even close in my eyes.

Don't get the blind panic that is going on on this site at the moment. We all knew we had to sell to buy. We have sold, in a position where we had more players than we needed. We will buy for the positions that we are short staffed.

Comment

There may be more sales before we start buying. The season doesn't start for another 5 weeks. Perhaps you would prefer that we bought three players and then hoped we could sell to balance the books??? Calm down ffs

Comment

No chance of going down & get real Bush, premier league your having a laugh, not ready for that yet & wouldn’t want to, just a small middle of table championship club & quite happy to stay in this division for a while untill we are ready.

Comment

We weren't close to going down last season, and we won't be next season either.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

£4m for Smithies ? Try £3m.Also think this deal was done and dusted weeks ago but left until after Smithies had his holiday so season ticket sales would not be affected.
                  How we do depends on who is left. We are top heavy on AM and wingers and very light on defenders.

Comment

Our backline is definitely relegation material as it stands. Gotta hope Hall is over his injury problems and one of the backup keepers prove to be a success, but I have my doubts. Big couple of weeks coming up as McLaren needs a defender or two in place so he can get them settled in time for Preston.

Comment

With what we have right now we will struggle based purely on the lack of defenders and two inexperienced keepers. If we strengthen those areas we will be around the same position as last year.

Comment

I think we will end up quite close to a play-off position. Hence no need to panic imo, but our defense is a worry, we need at least a new goolkeeper and two CB`s in. Chris Martin is a player I would like us to sign to strenghten our attack and off. midfield.
                        Last edited by Shania; 27-06-2018, 08:11 AM.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                          £4m for Smithies ? Try £3m.Also think this deal was done and dusted weeks ago but left until after Smithies had his holiday so season ticket sales would not be affected.
                          How we do depends on who is left. We are top heavy on AM and wingers and very light on defenders.
                          fuk me, this is Alex Smithies the goalkeeper we are talking about, not Pele.
                          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                          Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                            As it stands today does anyone expect us to stay us up?
                            QPR underachieved last season for reasons now very well documented.

So not only do I expect us to stay up next season, but to improve on last season's position, now that we have (a sane(!) and) accomplished coach at the helm. Therefore realistically we should now be pushing for a top 10 spot at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

fuk me, this is Alex Smithies the goalkeeper we are talking about, not Pele.
                              Signing of Derry and Hill was delayed 4 weeks and they are not Pele either.

Comment

Working...
                              X