No announcement yet.

Holloway sacking ...McClaren appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great post Dave, fully agree, and like you, I also didn't want Holloway back as manager.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

What you mean like when Mark Hughes splurged all the cash on these top players who had no heart
      for QPR.?....There's something to be said, no needed for having players who will run and work their ######## off.
      Without Derry and Hill (Warnock's best signings) we would not have won the league, and Tarrabt would've
      left by christmas.
      Now just to be clear I never wanted holloway in the 1st place, i wanted Warnock, (only les didn't)
      But we were supposedly taking a step forward with this manager yet we are in the same position if not worse
      So if the budget is the same why get rid of the manager who worked with it and succeeded in keeping us up?
      Because the fans didn't like him....that's why. Not a business decision
      Not at all mate. Holloway was sacked cos he was bad for the club. He played a horrible brand of football, he got far too many basic decisions wrong, and he kept making a fool of himself and the club in the press. The fact that he lost the backing of the fans was simply one of a number of factors in why he was shown the door.

I still don't see any of this as having any relevance to our current financial predicament. We got rid of a bad manager, and hired a good one.
      Last edited by Tarbie; 27-06-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

What makes anyone think we have a better manager for the circumstances we find ourselves in? I never wanted Holloway back but credit where it is due he kept us up while being a dreadful manager. McClaren has always been a great coach but his recent managerial record is not the best and really thought he was brought in to take us on to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          What makes anyone think we have a better manager for the circumstances we find ourselves in? I never wanted Holloway back but credit where it is due he kept us up while being a dreadful manager. McClaren has always been a great coach but his recent managerial record is not the best and really thought he was brought in to take us on to the next level.
          I just don't buy into this idea of "a better manager for the circumstances". Steve McLaren is a more intelligent man, with a far better track record, experience at a far higher level, and much better footballing pedigree than Ian Holloway. How can he not be a better manager?

Comment

Tarbie, Forest, Newcastle and Derby 2nd time around were not good for McClaren. No doubting his coaching ability but far superior manager based on past 4 years is open to debate. I hope and want the man to succeed as would mean we are doing well and that is the most important thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
              Great post Dave, fully agree, and like you, I also didn't want Holloway back as manager.

Comment

My point too 73

Comment

Tarbie, Forest, Newcastle and Derby 2nd time around were not good for McClaren. No doubting his coaching ability but far superior manager based on past 4 years is open to debate. I hope and want the man to succeed as would mean we are doing well and that is the most important thing.

Comment

Ollie will be back with sky I'd imagine. Good money and no pressure for stating the obvious mixed in with talking ######

Comment

I agree there's no doubting his coaching ability. Where doubts have arisen over those recent jobs would be regarding his man-management skills. But with that in mind he's aided by the fact that he'll be working with a young squad (i.e. more impressionable players), as well as within a DOF system. In that regard you have to assume the board's expectation is it will be a success, at least in the short-term.
                      Last edited by Stanley; 29-06-2018, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                        Ollie will be back with sky I'd imagine. Good money and no pressure for stating the obvious mixed in with talking ######
                        Holloway would need a sex change to be re employed by Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Where doubts have arisen over those recent jobs would be regarding his man-management skills.
                          Where have players spoken out against him ?

Comment

Seems there is a bit of a love in for Ollie.
                            Can someone post his record this time round with The R's?
                            I seem to remember a lot of losses on the trot
                            Give SM a chance guys.

Comment

Originally posted by bigray View Post
                              Seems there is a bit of a love in for Ollie.
                              Can someone post his record this time round with The R's?
                              I seem to remember a lot of losses on the trot
                              Give SM a chance guys.
                              I believe quite a few are willing to give SM a chance. Not sure about an Ollie love in, most those comments are tongue in cheek.
                              There is abit of confusion over why SM was brought in when very little funds were available. Love him or loathe him, he did manage to bring through a few youngsters into the senior side, and keep us up without spending a fortune.
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

I believe quite a few are willing to give SM a chance. Not sure about an Ollie love in, most those comments are tongue in cheek.
                                There is abit of confusion over why SM was brought in when very little funds were available. Love him or loathe him, he did manage to bring through a few youngsters into the senior side, and keep us up without spending a fortune.
                                def no love in....put beautifully fraggs

Comment

Working...
                                X