Holloway sacking ...McClaren appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holloway sacking ...McClaren appointment

I was of the understanding that we said goodbye to Holloway because we (the club board) felt he had taken
    the club as far as he could. He had stabilised our club, we were in a perilous position.
    So, (call me naive) when we announce he's leaving for those very reasons, and then we hire Mac.
    The reason we hired Mac? Because he can take the squad forward. So we are not in as perilous position?
    That was my thinking

Well at this very moment we are worse off than when Holloway was here, we've sold the best keeper in the division
    for peanuts, how the hell that helps is beyond me
    We've had our 2 first choice centre backs walk out, and we have no money
    Surely this is a job for Holloway's brand of up and at em fight football?
    Not Schteve's pretty football

Don't see your point at all.

those players would have gone whoever the manager was. It's day 1 of pre-season, so none of us have any idea what squad we will have going into next season.

We've traded in a manager that nobody in the league wanted, for one that most sides in the league would love to have. But go ahead mate, find the negatives in the situation if it makes you happy!

Comment

McClaren has built his reputation as a very good coach so looks like his appointment is based on improving the young lads to then knock on for money.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tarbie;n2471369]Don't see your point at all.

those players would have gone whoever the manager was. It's day 1 of pre-season, so none of us have any idea what squad we will have going into next season.

We've traded in a manager that nobody in the league wanted, for one that most sides in the league would love to have. But go ahead mate, find the negatives in the situation if it makes you happy! [/QUOTE]

My point is we had a bloke who the players ran through brick walls for, and we played a style
        that we needed, if not the formation.
        We're now led to believe better times are on the horizon hence a better style of play, we're through the worse.
        Then we give sir Neil a promotion gift and lose our defence.
        There's rumours flying about we will sell 3 or 4 of our first team to get in line with ffp.
        The team is worse off already & no money
        Should we have sacked off the bloke that built this team, if we are gonna have to do it all again?

Oh as for the bit in red, thanks for allowing me my thoughts and opinion mr poster of the year......
        Don't let it go to your head now

Comment

I ain't letting nothing go to my head mate. I've always been a cocky bar steward!

Enjoy your doom mongering. I'm off to bed!

Comment

Season starts in August, players will leave if they want, it's modern football player power.
            Let's not be too negative, if and its if smithies goes for 4m I'm sure the club know its best deal we could get or thereabouts, I'm looking forward to new season and it's going to be an interesting 5 or 6 weeks until it starts

Comment

I think the board and Les saw Holloway for what he was. Just a passionate man with little tactical nouse who if he had've seen his 352, lump it ball and playing people out of position (his choice) wasn't working sooner we'd surely have had a better season and could still have had his job. That is i believe why he lost his job. Robinson probably was always going to choose to leave. We couldn't afford to keep Ned. And chose to also offload Perch. The trend for QPR over the last 7/8 years has been to see most players leave for nothing and quite a few not even playing for their money. So it was a case of either sell Smithies now and get £4mil in or risk him being in his last year next season and quite possibly get nothing for him. Players come and go. Smithies isn't the be all and end all. And the club will make signings to replace the ones that have left. It's far too early to panic. Also regarding Smithies fee. Look at what most of the championship goalkeepers cost. Not many of them over £4mil.

Comment

Don't forget yer teddy!!

Comment

If Ned don’t sign up for someone start of July if I was running club I would be all over him trying get him come join pre season

Comment

Why?

Comment

Looking forward to our 'plucky losers' season.

Comment

I don't want to panic just yet, there's plenty of time for LF and SM to sort this side out but today (yesterday for most of you) was a very disappointing day and hopefully not a sign of things to come!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

I'd rather my players know what they are doing and be well organised because they have a gameplan to win matches than "run through brick walls".

The simple difference between SM and IH....IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            I'd rather my players know what they are doing and be well organised because they have a gameplan to win matches than "run through brick walls".

The simple difference between SM and IH....IMO

What you mean like when Mark Hughes splurged all the cash on these top players who had no heart
                            for QPR.?....There's something to be said, no needed for having players who will run and work their ######## off.
                            Without Derry and Hill (Warnock's best signings) we would not have won the league, and Tarrabt would've
                            left by christmas.
                            Now just to be clear I never wanted holloway in the 1st place, i wanted Warnock, (only les didn't)
                            But we were supposedly taking a step forward with this manager yet we are in the same position if not worse
                            So if the budget is the same why get rid of the manager who worked with it and succeeded in keeping us up?
                            Because the fans didn't like him....that's why. Not a business decision

Comment

It should come as no surprise to anyone that we have started selling our best assets. We need to raise at least £10m this summer to comply with FFP. It won't help to bring in new investors, as this won't change the FFP rules.
                              We could not offer Robinson and Onuoha the salary they wanted, in light of the same FFP rules, so no surprise they left.
                              All in all absolutely nothing we shouldn't expect this week for anyone taking a few minutes to study our accounts and consider them in light of FFP.

The question is who will be the next to leave:. It is a pity Luongo doesn't play in the World Cup, because it would have improved his transfer value. I guess both Luongo and Freeman will leave - hopefully that's it and we can keep all the youngsters and add a couple of decent players on the cheap.
                              Last edited by QPROslo; 27-06-2018, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X