No announcement yet.

Robinson gone, official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anybody genuinely expect anything different? If he was gonna sign the contract it would have happened already.

Onwards and upwards, I'm sure we have a few targets lined up to replace Robbo and Ned.

Comment

at least with smithies off we'll have some decent money for a defender or 2 and a striker. derby only want 500k for martin apparently.

i'd love lindsay from barnsley or bauer from charlton here too, either one wouldn't cost us more than 2m imo

Comment

No big deal and best of luck to him. He wasn't an integral part of the squad. He got more from us than we did from him. It's good to see the club sticking to it's policies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

Exactly this. One good season and he's turned into Billy big-bowlarks.
          Have to agree. Someone should watch the recording of him playing left back against Brentford in the Comedy Cup.

Comment

Good - shows the club now draws a line and sticks to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

A bad 24 hours for the club. The complete opposite of what you want during a transfer window, especially with the clock ticking and the squad back in training.
              They normally give us #### news then hit us with some good news
              Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

I wish him good luck and hope he stays injury free. What must McClaren make of all of this? You would assume he was aware that the keeper would be sold and Robbo was also going?

Comment

Not sure why this is coming as a surprise, he hadn’t signed a contract and was keeping us on a piece of string. Annoys me when players get long term injuries then leave, after club has looked after them. As for Smithies, we need to sell to buy and as much as I liked him, like many he didn’t have a great season last year. Would have preferred 6 mill which is his value to me but how do we know that isn’t the case, do we really know true costs.

Comment

Lfw sums it up best for those throwing the disloyal tag about

Comment

Don't agree with that first argument personally. Redknapp signed him as one for the future and Robinson stated on the official website that he was happy to go out on loan.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/archive/j...rom-liverpool/

Comment

Good riddance to bad rubbish,.....been at the club for 4 years played one season

Comment

But come on Norths be fair Clive's a ####

Comment

If he'd stayed, I'd almost guarantee he'd get injured in the first game and be out all season.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                              Things are really shaping up nicely for a play off push aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

We were never going to make the Play-Offs.

The reality is that the board appointed McClaren as they believe he could keep us up and Holloway would have definitely taken a very weakened squad down. McClaren is 'damaged goods' and took the role trying to save any reputation he may have...
                                Exactly

Comment

Working...
                                X