Smithies to Cardif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldR View Post

They're in the Premier league, can offer more wages and, contrary to the song lyrics, we don't really hate them...
    Hate is strong word, I agree. But I dont like them. Smitihies deserves his chance to play in the Prem, that is true.

QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

The fee is the issue and cannot see it being a release clause especially as he looks like being 2nd choice. 4 million gets you 1.35 Washington's!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

Hate is strong word, I agree. But I dont like them. Smitihies deserves his chance to play in the Prem, that is true.
        There's definitely a dislike for Cardiff that stems from the 2002/03 season.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          The fee is the issue and cannot see it being a release clause especially as he looks like being 2nd choice. 4 million gets you 1.35 Washington's!!!
          Fee definitely the problem.

I think most people understand the club will need to sell a player every so often, with smithies being the likely one this summer, so that was accepted.

But for peanuts? Leaves a sour taste

Will Lumley or Ingram be good enough over a full season? Both have shown promising signs but time will tell. All for blending youth with experience, but there's a fine line between doing that and going too far in one direction.

Comment

They're in the Premier league, can offer more wages and, contrary to the song lyrics, we don't really hate them...
            er....lots of us absolutely do HATE THEM!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

Fee definitely the problem.

I think most people understand the club will need to sell a player every so often, with smithies being the likely one this summer, so that was accepted.

But for peanuts? Leaves a sour taste

Will Lumley or Ingram be good enough over a full season? Both have shown promising signs but time will tell. All for blending youth with experience, but there's a fine line between doing that and going too far in one direction.
              what makes you think that smithies is going to be the only sale??? plenty of time to go...

not happy about the fee, but i guess we need to sell to bring anyone in (even on a free) and, last time i looked, we're really weak in central defence (face facts - robinson will be gone after 30 june).

Comment

They're an awful awful football club throughout so please think before you post or at the very least don't use the term 'we'
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post

what makes you think that smithies is going to be the only sale??? plenty of time to go...

not happy about the fee, but i guess we need to sell to bring anyone in (even on a free) and, last time i looked, we're really weak in central defence (face facts - robinson will be gone after 30 june).
                  Fair point. Take a luongo or Freeman out of the team and it's only gonna weaken us further.

Comment

Norths. Smithies is more of a loss than Freeman would be and would move him on before I would Smithies. Better dough and not as hard to replace

Comment

Good luck to him, brilliant goalie. I think we’ll struggle is Ingram starts, he’s not that good. I’m hoping for a break through season for Joe Lumley

4 million a little light. I think 6-8 is right
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                        I've seen every ist team game Lumley has played for us home and away and i have to say not completely convinced. Done well on his loan spells so hopefully he will come good. Ingram. Even more doubts.
                        Ingram looked good when he arrived, but been average since. Lumley looks promising IMO, but is he ready for a full season as number 1?

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

They're an awful awful football club throughout so please think before you post or at the very least don't use the term 'we'
                          And we were a shining light and full of the Corinthian spirit during the period under Tango and Cash etc, etc...

It's a fantasy rivalry which doesn't even exist beyond lyrics in a song. The games are not a hotbed of passion and if you walked around Cardiff city centre wearing a QPR shirt on a non match day you'd feel as intimidated as a cat drinking a sourcer of milk in front of a fire.

Honestly, if you think there's a rivalry of any sort you need to speak to some Cardiff fans and judge from their laughter whether it exists or not.

Being an England vs Wales fixture it will always be a bit
                          more than a visit to Crewe, for example, but to even believe that there is a rivalry is ridiculous...
                          Last edited by OldR; 26-06-2018, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

er....lots of us absolutely do HATE THEM!!!!
                            Beat me to it.
                            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                            Will Danaher

Comment

Can only hope that we do as well as Huddersfield did the season after selling him.

Comment

The same (in regards to Lumley and Ingram) was said about Tony Roberts whilst we we waiting for Jan Staystill. But Roberts was pretty good as it turned out.

If we need £4m or whatever to bring in a good C/H and a proper striker - then so be it.

We've got a young team with loads of potential - and an ex England manager........ It could be worse.......

Infact, it's been a hell of a lot worse!

Comment

Working...
                                X