No announcement yet.

Smithies to Cardif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the club are under-valuing him and taking the first offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
      Lumley and Ingram no where near as good as Smithies
      We won't need them, our defence will be so much better this season. Whoever we're left with.

Comment

I've seen every ist team game Lumley has played for us home and away and i have to say not completely convinced. Done well on his loan spells so hopefully he will come good. Ingram. Even more doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
          I think the club are under-valuing him and taking the first offer.
          Yes that could be the case but Cardiff may have had a deadline for the offer similar to what we gave Robinson and have decided to sell rather than Cardiff walk away. I guess we'll see what happens if it goes through.

Comment

With you knocker, Lumley of the two left would be my choice but neither will make us 10 to 12 points a season better.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

We've been told that there's little money in the piggy bank and we're not going to be going crazy with transfers.

We're in for a tough season - but obviously they're not going to admit that - and a mid table finish should be considered more than acceptable.
              Agree as i posted a while back we have to accept top 6 is not going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Agree as i posted a while back we have to accept top 6 is not going to happen
                C'mon. Chin up. Think Accrington Stanley!

Comment

4 million for a player of smithies ability is a joke. club aint got a clue on how to negotiate in getting good money for our players as per usual....bunch of fkin amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
                    4 million for a player of smithies ability is a joke. club aint got a clue on how to negotiate in getting good money for our players as per usual....bunch of fkin amateurs.
                    Has anyone thought that when he extended his contract it may have a buy out clause if a prem team came in:?

Comment

Could well have had. We may never know. Also may have been a player plus cash deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post

Has anyone thought that when he extended his contract it may have a buy out clause if a prem team came in:?
                        should of put more than 4 million in it then,you can dress it up all you like,absolutely awful business.

Comment

well ###xing heartbroken maclaren your a ####develop a brain not just a messy stainfactomondo will be furiouswe wont hit the play offs now true vallue should be ten million pounds ###x everybodybend over matty this wont hurt
                          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Hahahahahahaha wtf Ted

Comment

Cardiff paid out 11 million for Murphy from Norwich and we get 4 million for one of the top keepers in the division....is Phil beard back at the club? might as well be....

Comment

smithies for 4m to a prem club is bad business imo. 6m at the very least for a keeper of his quality, he will be called up to the england squad next season i reckon.

i have no issue with smithies moving onto bigger and better things as hes more than earned it and i wish him all the best of luck as hes been brilliant at times but i'm still sad to see him go for so little. maybe theres some add ons in his deal to cardiff but 4m is still very cheap. oh well, at least its some money we can reinvest and at least it opens the door for lumley to step up, who knows, maybe lumley has the potential to be better than smithies so it could still be a good bit of business

Comment

Working...
                                X