Smithies to Cardif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
    Sky are reporting we get 3 million guaranteed plus extra half million if we stay up . So not even 4 million
    So no extra half million if we get relegated? How much if we get promoted?

Comment

• 3 million is a f***ing joke. Sky also said he signed a new 3 year deal in February this year so how we are ok with selling him for that amount considering the fees being paid nowadays is just embarrassing.

Comment

• If it genuinely is only 3m quid, plus add-ons, you have to wonder if we actually needed his wages off the books. I'm guessing he is one of our higher earners.

Comment

• Tarbie. They have just had Ned and Robbo go which I am guessing is 60k a week between them so not buying the needing his wage off the books as he would be on 15 to 20 a week maximum. Cannot see any value whatsover to QPR on this one dress it up all you like but this is bad business. Washington was just under 3 million 2 years ago so that shows you what you get for that amount.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            If it genuinely is only 3m quid, plus add-ons, you have to wonder if we actually needed his wages off the books. I'm guessing he is one of our higher earners.
            Unbelievable

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              Tarbie. They have just had Ned and Robbo go which I am guessing is 60k a week between them so not buying the needing his wage off the books as he would be on 15 to 20 a week maximum. Cannot see any value whatsover to QPR on this one dress it up all you like but this is bad business. Washington was just under 3 million 2 years ago so that shows you what you get for that amount.
              Oh and he does dress it up, like a member of the QPR staff would

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                Tarbie. They have just had Ned and Robbo go which I am guessing is 60k a week between them so not buying the needing his wage off the books as he would be on 15 to 20 a week maximum. Cannot see any value whatsover to QPR on this one dress it up all you like but this is bad business. Washington was just under 3 million 2 years ago so that shows you what you get for that amount.
                2 very different situations, and as a club, we are in a very different position now than we were then.

You'll never hear me argue that Washington was good business. He clearly wasn't, it was a roll of the dice on a player that had only had 1 good season. I also don't think 3m quid for Smithies is particularly good business, but I'm assuming we have our reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                  3 million is a f***ing joke. Sky also said he signed a new 3 year deal in February this year so how we are ok with selling him for that amount considering the fees being paid nowadays is just embarrassing.
                  He never signed a 3 year deal this February, it was Feb 2017. His contract had 2 years to run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

He never signed a 3 year deal this February, it was Feb 2017. His contract had 2 years to run.
                    Whichever way this is dressed up it is a bad deal. Surely the club could have got more than that. I am not convinced that he is a £10M player but perhaps £5M with add ons and a sell on fee would be nearer the mark. I don't know how good Lumley is but let's hope he is at least 80% as good if QPR are to get anywhere near to having a good season, because they way I see it, the defence at the moment is not looking too good.

Obviously, McLaren & Co. are looking out for defenders to replace Onuoha and Robinson, so we just have to wait and see who they sign, but a bigger fee for Smithies would have helped to bring in new players..

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Whichever way this is dressed up it is a bad deal. Surely the club could have got more than that. I am not convinced that he is a £10M player but perhaps £5M with add ons and a sell on fee would be nearer the mark. I don't know how good Lumley is but let's hope he is at least 80% as good if QPR are to get anywhere near to having a good season, because they way I see it, the defence at the moment is not looking too good.

Obviously, McLaren & Co. are looking out for defenders to replace Onuoha and Robinson, so we just have to wait and see who they sign, but a bigger fee for Smithies would have helped to bring in new players..
                      Obviously we couldn't get a better deal though, could we?

I'm sure the exact reason that he is being sold for 3m quid plus add-ons is because we couldn't get a better deal for him. As many other people have pointed out on this thread, we may rate Smithies very highly, but very few other clubs seem to.

Comment

• Welldone dof and bungle. £3mil for the best player at our club, great business that........... Farking pair of idiots
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Why do we need a deal for 3 million quid? Tarbie my point on Washington is you get #### all for 3 million now and to sell our best player in his respective position is absolutely madness. 6-8 then yes but 3 million is a joke and not a funny one at that.

Comment

• Luongo's going for 2/6 or half a crown in old momey

Comment

• How many keepers have gone from a championship club to premiership club for more than that? Just asking. And how much did other good championship keepers cost?

Comment

• A Warnock bargin. He’’ll smash it in the Prem
                                Under Les Ferdinand:
                                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Working...
                                X