No announcement yet.

Smithies to Cardif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fear for us this coming season. No smithies, Ned and possibly Robinson. Having to sell our number 1 to plug the gaps at the back, and replace him with Lumley or Ingram neither of which have played a full season at this level.

Comment

I think the two we have left are more than adequate. If we get someone else in we will never know if they will be good enough. It will do them an injustice i reckon. They both need a chance to make their own way as a first choice.

Comment

One thing is certain and that is there is no investment coming in with McClaren if we are having to sell our best player for 4 million.

Comment

Jeff. Of the two I would go with Lumley but it is a big ask fir him to go into a team short on centre backs

Comment

Let's be honest, what do we really know about the finance side of things.
            I'm sure the club is doing its best.
            We turned down 8 million for Adel once!!
            Couldn't give him away in the end !
            Not comparing that to supposed smithies deal but let's not put the boot in just now.
            Keep the faith.

Comment

We don't know what the club has in store for buying players. I'm sure it won't end up as bad a decision as some are making out.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                One thing is certain and that is there is no investment coming in with McClaren if we are having to sell our best player for 4 million.
                We've been told that there's little money in the piggy bank and we're not going to be going crazy with transfers.

We're in for a tough season - but obviously they're not going to admit that - and a mid table finish should be considered more than acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

We've been told that there's little money in the piggy bank and we're not going to be going crazy with transfers.

We're in for a tough season - but obviously they're not going to admit that - and a mid table finish should be considered more than acceptable.
                  Thing is..... Some have been talking like we're gonna be playoff material since McClaren came in. I'm sure the club wouldn't sell Smithies for that if they thought we didn't have adequate cover for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                    I fear for us this coming season. No smithies, Ned and possibly Robinson. Having to sell our number 1 to plug the gaps at the back, and replace him with Lumley or Ingram neither of which have played a full season at this level.
                    I don't fear for us at all mate. I think we'll be just fine this season. The squad has plenty of talent, and we have the best manager we've had since Warnock. Players will come and go, that's the nature of things. What's more important is that the infrastructure at the club looks good and we're bringing good young players through. We'll be fine mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I don't fear for us at all mate. I think we'll be just fine this season. The squad has plenty of talent, and we have the best manager we've had since Warnock. Players will come and go, that's the nature of things. What's more important is that the infrastructure at the club looks good and we're bringing good young players through. We'll be fine mate!
                      I agree. What would change things is if we suddenly sold Luongo, Freeman, Smyth and Eze and replaced them with inferior players.

Comment

Jeff we could lose 1 of those and still be in good shape but a keeper is the position you do not mess about with and fear for 4 million which is not a huge amount of money it is a bad decision.

Comment

Best keeper in the division for 4m?

Once he's played in the Prem how much?

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

I agree. What would change things is if we suddenly sold Luongo, Freeman, Smyth and Eze and replaced them with inferior players.
                            Sell 'em all. Us drama queens now see the light and we have a player for every position. What were we thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              Jeff we could lose 1 of those and still be in good shape but a keeper is the position you do not mess about with and fear for 4 million which is not a huge amount of money it is a bad decision.
                              If we need money to buy other players and have had no offers for any of ours then the club have to take that decision to make money to be able to strengthen elsewhere. I think it's being blown out of proportion.

Comment

Lumley and Ingram no where near as good as Smithies

Comment

Working...
                                X