No announcement yet.

Smithies to Cardif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was established prem club reckon you could rinse couple more million out but let’s not forget Cardiff owner had fingers burned last time they were in Prem so he won’t pay over the odds again

Comment

Few drama queens on this thread. We've got 3 good keepers, and very little cash. One was always gonna leave this window. 4m quid for Smithies really ain't a disaster. Get it done, re-invest the cash!
      Last edited by Tarbie; 25-06-2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I would've hoped for more, but we always sell cheap

Comment

Bit low Tarbie with the drama queen bit? How many points a season is he worth to us 10 to 12 so 4 million is a pony price for our best player in his position.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Few drama queens on this thread. We'v got 3 good keepers, and very little cash. One was always gonna leave this window. 4m quid for Smithies really ain't a disaster. Get it done, re-invest the cash!
            Disagree we have one excellent keeper, one that I wonder if he'll make it and one who's a kid

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              I would've hoped for more, but we always sell cheap
              Unless it’s beer and season tickets
              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
              Will Danaher

Comment

Lumley is promising and I rate him higher than Ingram but are either good enough or ready for the championship? Risk to take if it is dough that we need.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                  Bit low Tarbie with the drama queen bit? How many points a season is he worth to us 10 to 12 so 4 million is a pony price for our best player in his position.
                  He's been great for us mate, no doubt about that. But how is anyone surprised he fancies a move on? I was amazed he didn't go last summer to be honest.

A player is only worth what someone wants to pay for him, and if 4m from Cardiff is the best deal that's on the table then that's what he'll go for. I don't think it's a disaster myself mate. I actually think Smithies looked a bit disinterested at certain times last season. He was certainly never the player he was the season before.

Whatever you say about Lumley and Ingram, still a decent pair of keepers at this level and we'll be just fine with those 2. Certainly no need for a meltdown in my eyes!
                  Last edited by Tarbie; 26-06-2018, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Comment

Tarbie. Agree with Lumley but certainly not Ingram and 4 million is #### all when it comes to re investing in the squad. Sorry cannot see how this is anything other than a bad deal for the team. The one player in his position we needed to keep was Smithies as over a season interested or not he is worth his weight in gold.

Comment

Think he was worth more but it makes me laugh when people on here think mass will command 10+million. I think Smithies is worth the most with a couple of the kids potentially worth more. As it stands we are there to be cherry picked transfer wise...

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          Apparently for just 4 mill. If this is true then the club are a f***ing joke.

We should be getting 10mill plus with the amount of money around at the moment and the fact he’s the best keeper in the championship.
                          Smithies is the best goalkeeper in the division, Mass is the best midfielder and Eze is the best young prospect.... But everyone always thinks they have the most beautiful wife...

It's all opinions with no general consensus and there are more fans out there who believe their team hosts the holders of each of those titles.
                          ​​​​​
                          And as said below your post, a 300% profit is not bad business. No one is going to pay £10m for a goalkeeper of a side who struggled for most of last season and are considered relegation candidates this year by many.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                            Tarbie. Agree with Lumley but certainly not Ingram and 4 million is #### all when it comes to re investing in the squad. Sorry cannot see how this is anything other than a bad deal for the team. The one player in his position we needed to keep was Smithies as over a season interested or not he is worth his weight in gold.
                            So you gonna tell him he can't go to the Premier League then mate?

Smithies has been very patient in my opinion. If I was him, I'd have probably tried to get myself a move last season. Can't stand in a players way when he gets the chance to play in the top flight, especially when he's been a model professional. We should just trust that the club has got the best deal that they can, and wish him well.

Comment

Hopefully we will be able to re-invest that money to buy a striker that can actually score a few. Plus we don't know how going into this season the books stack up with the players that have left freeing up finances to hopefully give us a bit more to spend.
                              Last edited by qprjeff1882; 25-06-2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Best deal they can? Only known offer of 4 million highlights exactly how far we have dropped. Sorry Tarbie cannot see any value what so ever in him going for the first offer of 4 million. If it goes through we should look to get someone like Ruddy who will not be playing at Wolves this season as we need to get an experienced keeper in especially as we are not blessed with central defenders right now. Most important position on the pitch is a settled keeper

Comment

Working...
                                X