No announcement yet.

Smithies to Cardif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are not shopping at poundland, we are poundland.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Cannot disagree Hits. Cannot see the logic at all with all this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Obviously we couldn't get a better deal though, could we?

I'm sure the exact reason that he is being sold for 3m quid plus add-ons is because we couldn't get a better deal for him. As many other people have pointed out on this thread, we may rate Smithies very highly, but very few other clubs seem to.
        Well if they couldn't get a better deal, then I would say keep him. I would have thought that the club is by now within the FFP budget afterall, which players do they still have that are earning more than £15K pw given that the players now have all been signed as a Championship club when they started signing players on wages of around £10k pw?

If they are selling him so that they can spend the money on new players, let's hope they spend it more wisely than they did when spending the Austin fee on Washington and El Khayeti.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
          We are not shopping at poundland, we are poundland.
          They've just gone into liquidation.

Comment

• Poundworld gone under cricket! Was even giving gear away at half the value... Sound familiar.

Comment

• We're shopping at 50pLand

Comment

• Contactless is the way forward.

Comment

• It difies logic really but I suppose it shouldn't considering the situation we are in. I can't understand why McClaran was brought in for Holloway in the circumstances. For what it's worth I'm not a bit surprised and don't expect much of the £3 million to be given to McClaran.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    It difies logic really but I suppose it shouldn't considering the situation we are in. I can't understand why McClaran was brought in for Holloway in the circumstances. For what it's worth I'm not a bit surprised and don't expect much of the £3 million to be given to McClaran.
                    I expect him to have about £1m after Smithies has his loyalty payment and other expenses are factored in. The only slightly good thing is with him, Ned and Robinson gone that's the three highest
                    earners off the wage bill. Poundland? No Toys-R-Us obsolescent stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                      It difies logic really but I suppose it shouldn't considering the situation we are in. I can't understand why McClaran was brought in for Holloway in the circumstances. For what it's worth I'm not a bit surprised and don't expect much of the £3 million to be given to McClaran.
                      Agree with all that

Comment

• Maybe Holloway would have kicked up a fuss about the whole deal which would lead to embarrasment to Fernandes and Co.

Comment

• Doubt Smithies is on huge money as he arrived from Huddersfield after the big money era. What did we pay for him? 1.5 mil or so?
                          Last edited by Brian Wilson; 27-06-2018, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Think we paid closer to 2 mil for him. . So, after 4 years being at the club, his value has gone up by 1mil. Pretty sure hudds have a sell on fee too so we will have to deduct that.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• And Huddersfields sell on clause.

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr View Post
                                A Warnock bargin. He’’ll smash it in the Prem
                                Good luck to Smithies but Cardiff are relegation fodder IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X