Still no Luongo in Aussie team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

I suspect if any club offered £4 million for him we'd sell him as well.
    I think you can halve that...

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
      Australia have made their 3rd & final sub. 15 minutes to go where Australia need to score 3 goals (Unlikely) - Australia going out of the World Cup

I’m not mocking Mass but the QPR media’s coverage was embarrassing
      It was almost as embarrassing as the Official Twitter endlessly promoting the e-sports team...

Comment

Least he'll be back for pre season

Comment

No Luongo in the world cup now

Comment

Probably back in training by mid July.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post
              He wasn't going to be picked today as they've been unlucky throughout the tournament.

Did he have a real chance of playing regularly for them? There was no indication that he was anything but making up the numbers and, as said elsewhere, the club really embarrassed themselves in the build-up to the start of the World Cup suggesting that he was anything but.
              Aussie here, hell yes he had a real chance of playing regularly. In fact his partnership with Mooy was vital in us even making the World Cup.

A lot of us down under are absolutely dumbfounded as to how he didn’t get any minutes on the pitch. Especially after it was evident from game one that the Mooy-Kruse partnership wasn’t working.

I also don’t blame QPR for thinking he was going to play, because it’s evident the Socceroos PR team thought he was going to play aswell. Mass was used all over the place in promotions/commercials for the World Cup.

I honestly can’t believe he didn’t get a single minute on the pitch.
              Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

The best midfielder in the Championship according to some, not good enough for Australia, and if he's as good as some think he won't be here the end of August

Comment

At least by not playing it should mean that Real Madrid, Barcelona and Man City won't have him on their radar...

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger-JimBob View Post

Aussie here, hell yes he had a real chance of playing regularly. In fact his partnership with Mooy was vital in us even making the World Cup.

A lot of us down under are absolutely dumbfounded as to how he didn’t get any minutes on the pitch. Especially after it was evident from game one that the Mooy-Kruse partnership wasn’t working.

I also don’t blame QPR for thinking he was going to play, because it’s evident the Socceroos PR team thought he was going to play aswell. Mass was used all over the place in promotions/commercials for the World Cup.

I honestly can’t believe he didn’t get a single minute on the pitch.
                    Interesting points.

The Aussies I spoke to - albeit thousands of miles from home and with Eurocentric views of Australian football perhaps - thought he would make a good squad player but against teams you were facing would not be first choice.

Also, when he - Mass - was picked for the warm up game at Craven cottage it was sold by QPR as a chance for him to 'make an impression' and get a call up.

I didn't know he was picked to lead, or at least play a vital role, in the build up PR to the tournament. Is there a particular reason he was chosen ahead of more established names?

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post
                      I didn't know he was picked to lead, or at least play a vital role, in the build up PR to the tournament. Is there a particular reason he was chosen ahead of more established names?
                      Thought he played in most of the qualification to the World Cup to be fair. Seems strange to have not got any minutes at all at the WC.

Comment

They changed their manager just before the world cup didn't they. He obviously went for players at higher positioned clubs and obviously didn't rate Luongo. Needs a good season again to prove him wrong.

Comment

Working...
                        X