Raheem Sterling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raheem Sterling

I know that he is one of our own but I've never really liked him Until now.
    I don't know why. It may be that he never made his first team debut with us but was 'sold on'
    It may be that by all accounts his family were flagrantly tapped up by Liverpool. (who could blame the family)
    That there was no appreciation for the massive contribution the football club made to his formation and ultimately to his career.
    Or that the original 1 million deal seemed shady with loads of characters (you know who I mean) getting a drink out of it. (although we got the 8 mil in the end)
    Or that he is a diving so and so.
    But I have changed my mind. His treatment by the media prior to the world cup was shameful.
    And he seems to have a massive confidence problem wearing the 3 lions shirt.
    But for those two reasons I hope he does really well in Russia, scores some goals and Southgate doesn't drop him (he will)

Thoughts?

J

Two goals in 39 starts. Just not good enough return. Seems to panic in an England shirt. How long do you give him to come good?

Comment

He’s been singled out by media which is poor. They targeted him for the gun tattoo but chose to ignore he has one of himself as a kid in number ten shirt staring up at Wembley as it was his dream

Comment

Don't like the fella myself. Don't like the media either, and don't understand why they feel the constant need to build our sports stars up, and then knock them back down again. But that doesn't really make me like Sterling any more or less. I think he's the epitome of everything that is wrong with the modern day footballer!

Comment

woeful again in a England shirt. What's worse is he is keeping ''The Rash'' out
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Obviously don't know him personally but I can't stand his public persona. That's not saying that I approve of the way the gutter press has targeted him either. When he deserves to be targeted he should be, but slagging him off for buying batteries in Poundland... ?

Very overrated as a player too. Great surrounded by players who cost absolute fortunes to buy, but his England performances expose him for what he is.

He's also had too much smoke blown up his backside. Can't remember which game it was - possibly Switzerland away in 2014 - but he was having an awful game and got told so by a number of us. The look he gave us will live long in the memory.

Comment

Pep rates him.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                Pep rates him.
                Because Pep has the luxury of surrounding him with players who cost more combined than our entire transfer output in history..

Comment

liverpool sent dalgliesh to negotiate his move , was told he promised raheems family a new house as a sweetner , the bloke doesn't do himself any favours tho , bit stupid getting the tattoo

Comment

I know it was offside and wouldn't have counted but his scuffed "miss" from 3 yards out the other night completely sums him up.... I wouldn't back him to put the ball into an empty net from 18yds out. He's a headless show pony with no football brain whatsoever. As a footballer, he really gets on my wick and he ought to be behind Rashford, Vardy and even the hapless Welbeck in the England pecking order.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      I know it was offside and wouldn't have counted but his scuffed "miss" from 3 yards out the other night completely sums him up.... I wouldn't back him to put the ball into an empty net from 18yds out. He's a headless show pony with no football brain whatsoever. As a footballer, he really gets on my wick and he ought to be behind Rashford, Vardy and even the hapless Welbeck in the England pecking order.
                      Totally agree with you mate, everything that is wrong with the english game these days, all pace and nothing else, in my opinion no way is he a international footballer worthy of the national side.

Comment

Turning into a bit of a Walcott.

Comment

On the pitch I was really impressed with him last season with City. Rather than just give it to de Bruyne or Silva and try and get on the end of things he tried to make things happen and I love to see that in a player

Comment

He missed a few sitters but also scored a few very important goals.

Comment

This Exactly cant see how he gets in the England team in front of Rashford or Vardy, even with his pace he runs with his head down, runs into people more often than not, never gets his head up

Comment

Working...
                              X