Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QPR fans in Russia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • QPR fans in Russia

    Got back last night after two nights in Moscow and three in Volgograd and was amazed how many QPR fans were out there and many fans of other clubs kept mentioning it to us

    Did anyone see the large QPR flag in the stadium Monday which belonged to a mate of mine Ellis?

    Anyway three days of work and I fly back on Saturday morning to rejoin the party

  • #2
    Was trying to scan the flags during the game, but didn't see it .Also reports over here are saying the locals in Volgograd have been very accommodating.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm over there for the Belgium game, how long is it taking to get into grounds with all the checks and how much for a pint?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
        Was trying to scan the flags during the game, but didn't see it .Also reports over here are saying the locals in Volgograd have been very accommodating.
        I will try and put a picture up later of the flag

        Locals in Volgograd were really friendly and great people who were fascinated by anyone from England and we shared many beers and loads of vodka without understanding a word we were saying to each other

        Beautiful sunshine and women and an England win of course made for a great little trip plus the cheapest beer 40p a pint in some places made it even better

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by OldR View Post
          I'm over there for the Belgium game, how long is it taking to get into grounds with all the checks and how much for a pint?
          To be fair the organisation was excellent and you are in the ground in a couple of minutes

          Both ticket and Fan ID both get scanned to make sure they match

          Most beers were 200 Rubles each which is about 2.70 a pint but some places worked out at 40p a pint in the back streets

          Comment


          • #6
            Saw picture of you on twitter Paul in your England top with few others Rangers. Certainly seems like there are plenty Rangers in attendance based from twitter posts/pictures

            your hero travelling back and forth for the games stay safe

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post

              To be fair the organisation was excellent and you are in the ground in a couple of minutes

              Both ticket and Fan ID both get scanned to make sure they match

              Most beers were 200 Rubles each which is about 2.70 a pint but some places worked out at 40p a pint in the back streets
              Thanks, sounds like they've got it under control then.

              I'm only in Kalingrad for the day so probably won't have time to find the back streets!

              BTW, if you're going over to Spain in October there's still a lot of cheap flights available. I got a BA flight from Malaga for just under 35.

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm very jealous. Sounds fantastic and as suspected if putin says hooligans are not welcome then there won't be any, spending the rest of your days in siberia is not appealing !

                Comment


                • #9
                  hope all is well sounds like an absolute blast
                  Click here to view my blog.

                  More...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hopefully the atmosphere from the England games came across well on the tv

                    Loads of QPR in Russia plus Fulham funnily enough but we are divided by club not Country for a few weeks

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                      Hopefully the atmosphere from the England games came across well on the tv

                      Loads of QPR in Russia plus Fulham funnily enough but we are divided by club not Country for a few weeks
                      It's only the youngsters and the Northerners who bring club rivalries up at England games in my experience.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by OldR View Post

                        It's only the youngsters and the Northerners who bring club rivalries up at England games in my experience.
                        That is very true

                        We always meet up with Luton lads as well and to be fair they are as good as gold

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by OldR View Post

                          It's only the youngsters and the Northerners who bring club rivalries up at England games in my experience.
                          You have covered all the bases there oldie

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by West Acton View Post

                            You have covered all the bases there oldie
                            Ha ha, it;s true though!

                            The Youngsters turn up with an idea of how to behave at an England game they've taken from Green Street whilst the Northerners get pissed and aren't used to travelling to anywhere else other than Magaluf!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by OldR View Post

                              Ha ha, it;s true though!

                              The Youngsters turn up with an idea of how to behave at an England game they've taken from Green Street whilst the Northerners get pissed and aren't used to travelling to anywhere else other than Magaluf!
                              That northerners finishing comment split my sides

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X