No announcement yet.

Schteve on signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey it's early in pre-season, we may sign some very good players to go with our very good young players.
    But you must remember young players can lose form & confidence quickly sometimes.
    I just think we as supporters have to be patient.
    We all know what it gets like among our fan base we demand too much and scare the hell out of
    our own players.
    I just think if we accept we won't make top 6 we won't be angrily disappointed & always a chance ofa pleasant surprise.
    As it stands at the moment i think Villa,Boro WBA Stoke will be 4 of the top 6, so 2 places up for grabs......just guessing

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Don't agree mate.

This league was bang average this season just finished, and I think a few sides will have some major money woes next season. We should be going into the new season with no fear!
      Hope you're right

Comment

good read. how many players do we actually need minimum? 3? 2 cbs and a striker surely? could argue that we'll need a rb and lb too as cover at least.
        all in all i dont think we need too many players

Comment

Les has publicly admitted on numerous occasions that a striker is a priority, I'm assuming he means a decent one who will make an immediate difference as apposed to bringing in a young player for the future?.
          I can't see SMC being given much to spend,maybe £2 million max and having to sell someone,but I agree Holloway did well bringing in the kids last year and we have a decent squad to compete next season.
          I do think however we will be involved in our own "minileague" again next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
            Les has publicly admitted on numerous occasions that a striker is a priority, I'm assuming he means a decent one who will make an immediate difference as apposed to bringing in a young player for the future?.
            I can't see SMC being given much to spend,maybe £2 million max and having to sell someone,but I agree Holloway did well bringing in the kids last year and we have a decent squad to compete next season.
            I do think however we will be involved in our own "minileague" again next season.
            #minileague2.0

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Hey it's early in pre-season, we may sign some very good players to go with our very good young players.
              But you must remember young players can lose form & confidence quickly sometimes.
              I just think we as supporters have to be patient.
              We all know what it gets like among our fan base we demand too much and scare the hell out of
              our own players.
              I just think if we accept we won't make top 6 we won't be angrily disappointed & always a chance ofa pleasant surprise.
              As it stands at the moment i think Villa,Boro WBA Stoke will be 4 of the top 6, so 2 places up for grabs......just guessing
              If Villa continue to have money troubles and lose their better players can see them struggling this year. So maybe 3 places up for grabs.

Comment

Everybody can beat everybody in this league, the only factor that separates us from the top 6 is that we cant beat anybody away from home. Get that sorted and yeah, why not be a challenger.

Thought that article was good. Nice to see some praise for Holloway alongside Ramsey as there would have been plenty of managers who would have fcked it up royally.

Comment

Maybe we'll be awful and finish bottom of the mini league like you wanted last season.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

Maybe we'll be awful and finish bottom of the mini league like you wanted last season.
                    I think you know well my orange friend that I didn't want that,note that notts Forest won't be in my new mini league,£28 million worth of new players so far,unbelievable

Comment

I think you know well my orange friend that I didn't want that,note that notts Forest won't be in my new mini league,£28 million worth of new players so far,unbelievable
                      Will we be in your new mini league?

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post

Will we be in your new mini league?
                        As it stands YES I'm afraid so but that could change if we bring in a good striker (but cant see that happening),BUT I don't predict relegation, I predict a similar position to last season.

Comment

They'll get away with it too, spending like that.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

They'll get away with it too, spending like that.
                            They'd better hope they get promoted otherwise I'd bet they'll have a job justifying that spend compared to their revenue. Can see big losses there...

Comment

Teams will have 2 lean years followed by 1 splash it out year.

Comment

Lets hope schteve as astute as our last manager in the transfer market

Comment

Working...
                                X