QPR add to coaching team / Bircham departs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR add to coaching team / Bircham departs

Steve McClaren has added to his coaching team by taking on Matt Gardiner from Kidderminster Harriers.

Gardiner only really played his football in the lower leagues and non league and joined John Eustace at Kidderminster as his assistant coach. Obviously comes highly recommended by Eustace and McClaren must have run the rule over his credentials as a coach. Only time will tell how he makes the step up to championship football standard.

Comment

Never 'eard of im...bring back Birch!!....Only kidding it's a wait and see season

Comment

He will get a good chance with us to push on, hopefully he is a good asset

Comment

Bircham departs too: https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...s-loftus-road/

Comment

McClaren on Gardiner:

“Matt’s worked closely with John at Kidderminster over the last two seasons, where Matt was John’s assistant. We were looking for someone to help organise us, on and off the field. Matt’s been a player and he’s been a manager – and his strength is organisation.

He’s been in football and he’s been in business. He has worked for big companies, developed teams and he’s brought that expertise to football. I’ve seen the good work that they’ve done, and I want that to continue here at QPR.”

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...backroom-team/

Comment

You know, I really like the way the club is being run these days. I've been very critical of Fernandes in the past, but I am starting to feel that he has learned a lot of lessons, and has improved a lot as Chairman. Of course appointing Ollie against Les & Lee Hoos' wishes was a mistake, but at least he put it right before it hurt us too much. I think Les is also probably far better at his job than many give him credit for. I may be totally wrong, but I have a really good gut feeling for what we are doing this summer and I hope next season will be a successful one!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                IAW, That`s a shame. I`ve read spot-on quotes from him where he critizes young players attitude compared to himself and his generation of players when he was at their age.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

IAW, That`s a shame. I`ve read spot-on quotes from him where he critizes young players attitude compared to himself and his generation of players when he was at their age.
                  Is that really the level of ambition you have for our Assistant Manager, or anyone on the coaching staff for that matter? No real coaching pedigree, but gosh does he reminisce about putting a shift in as a player back in the day!

Like I said, love Birch for what he did here as a player, but I'm glad we are bringing guys into the coaching set up for better thought out reasons that he used to play here and died his hair blue!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Is that really the level of ambition you have for our Assistant Manager, or anyone on the coaching staff for that matter? No real coaching pedigree, but gosh does he reminisce about putting a shift in as a player back in the day!

Like I said, love Birch for what he did here as a player, but I'm glad we are bringing guys into the coaching set up for better thought out reasons that he used to play here and died his hair blue!
                    Nope, not as an ass. manager, but he would have been great to have as ONE of our coaches. He knows what it takes to master this division,mentally. Just my opinion, Tarbie.

QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Working...
                    X